Hello!

by Scooby-Doo 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

I have been reading this forum for about a year on and off. It was a great help in discovering the real history of the JWs and helped me realize what a controlling religion (cult?) i was getting into. Very recently i stopped all contact with my Kingdom Hall and have quit my study, so i thought it was about the right time to sign up here.

I am (was) the third generation of my family to be involved with the Witnesses. I never got baptised, even though i was told for years that i was ready. My younger sister was actually the one that inspired me to cut ties with the JWs after she did. She's brave, independent and stands up for equality, and they view her as a bad influence because of that. We're both young and were the only ones of our generation (cousins included) to be involved with them, so i think it's safe to say that our family history with the JWs ends with us. For now, at least.

My grandparents have been JWs for ages, my grandmother has been one since the 1960s. My parents weren't raised in the 'truth' (neither was i, as a little kid) but have been studying for a long while now and are working toward baptism. My parents have said that they'll never shun me no matter what so i guess i'm luckier than a lot of others here. I'll have to wait and see what happens with my grandparents though.

So, hi!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

scooby

welcome

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

Hi and welcome to this forum!

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

Thanks, finallysomepride and tia.dalma.

Nice to meet you.

• penny2
    penny2

Welcome Scooby-Doo. A good move not getting baptized. Hopefully because of that, no-one will ever shun you.

penny

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

scooby, where are you from? general location only

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

I hope so penny, and hi!

I'm from Australia.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I'm in Brisbane, glad to meet you

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

Scooby-Doo

A warm, Scottish welcome to you. Best of luck that your grandparents don't shun you! It is a terrible, cruel and totally unnecessary practice in the dangerous world of the WT cult.

lifelong humanist

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    so i think it's safe to say that our family history with the JWs ends with us.

Nice .....

Welcome to the forum Scooby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit