fading and need some support

by TheLoveDoctor 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• superpunk
    superpunk

All good advice given so far. Tell them you're having a rough time, tell them you don't really feel like talking about it, tell them you appreciate their concern...."tickle their ears". We all know what they want to hear. And I'm sure you remember as an elder how much of your time is taken up with other things - if you can sufficiently satisfy their curiosity they will leave you alone for quite a while. They simply don't have the time to be THAT concerned about your "spiritual well-being".

Best of luck, I remember it is a nerve-wracking time. Mostly, they eventually just lose interest.

My other suggestion is to just ignore them. Don't answer the door, use caller ID. That's what it's there for. :)

• superpunk
    superpunk

Witnessmyfury:

But I intend to have the long delayed conversation with my mother this week (timing is terrible)..it was going to be last night but we had visitors, so now I'm aiming for tonight...

GOOD LUCK!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

A lot depends on your BOE I think doesnt it? In my last hall they were definitely seen as a bunch of policeman who lacked love and came out guns blazing if they thought they could get a JC together, and the faster the better...

In those days, before I knew what I have since learnt, I made a confession of my own initiative, was desperately sorry, and tried so hard to enlist their support and compassion for my situation....now I wish I could go back in time and tell those awful power crazy men how awful they made me feel, even before they decided against me. Or, play their game of deceit and corruption and do things differently altogether.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Loz x

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

it's nobodies business what you believe in. i answered any question this way: "this is a very personal question." they'd just wait a few seconds, but then they'd notice that this is just about all i'd tell them...

• mamalove
    mamalove

tia.dalma, have you read any of nugget and cantleave's experiences? Just wondering.

TLD, All you can do is lay low, mind your own business, keep quiet and hopefully they will leave you alone. Don't cause trouble or stir up the bees nest. You will pay a price for leaving, but it is well worth it for what you will gain. Be prepared to face lots of rejection, pain, and sadness, but also look forward to the absolute freedom to think, to learn, and to formulate your life as you feel best.

You really do find out who your true friends and family are. You are brave to do this with family members being at your actual KH. I find it hard to think about what people must think about me, and I think that is one of the hardest things because I like to make people happy and please them. If you are like that too, developing a thick skin is essential.

Take care, and keep in touch, it helps to read what others have been through, knowing you are not alone.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@thelovedoctor - Are you me??

Well, anyhoo. I told the elders from my former body that I'm simply not discussing anything - end of story.

I told them not to call.........they tried as they heard I'd made comments (get this), not against God but against the watchtower organization.

Oh, bad Punk. Brazen conduct or what!!

If it was me (and I think you are) I'd just keep schtumn!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you tell the elders the truth -- your beef with leadership -- they'll turn on you in an instant and they'll not hesitate to DF you.

You must either avoid contact with the elders, remain silent or lie.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i can only tell you what i did, i stopped going and stopped turning in time, and have a zero contact policy. i will not answer the phone if they call or the door. after a while the calls and visits will stop. you do not owe these people anything and they have zero authority over you.

with that said, not everyone can do it like i did it and everyone has a different way that works for the, so good luck and i hope you figure out a good way that works for you.

• yesidid
    yesidid

You can either avoid contact with the elders, remain silent or tell them the truth:

You are having a very hard time just now with personal stuff, and you are praying and trying to work it out.

They are very kind to take time from their very busy schedule to visit you and you really, really appreciate their concern. However there is nothing they can do at the moment. You will be in touch when you feel they can help...................and "thank you again for your loving concern".

No need to lie.

Just tell them what you feel they should know.

Now where have I heard that before.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    this is a very personal question." they'd just wait a few seconds, but then they'd notice that this is just about all i'd tell them...

I love the above response. It's easy, honest, and quick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit