THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY ENCOURAGES LYING

by Hairyhegoat 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

The WTS informs its followers that they are not: "under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it." (Insight on the Scriptures Volume II p. 245)

Also:

"for the purpose of protecting the interests of God's cause, it is proper to hide the truth from God’s enemies… This comes under the term ‘war strategy’." (WT 1960 June 1 p. 352) I thought liars were not going to going to inherit the kingdom ? I will add more later from this article I have found as some points are well good HHG

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

If we tell a lie we are liars and therefore a child of Satan who is the Father of the Lie.

If JWs lie its called Theocratic Warfare therefore JWs do not tell lies.

I think that's how it goes.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I agree that Theocratic Warfare Strategy is so stupid. I think they are taking it to the extreme some days.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

my favorite pet peeve of JWisms is the phrase...and I know I often bring this up... lying fo the truth.

COME ON, THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS LYING FOR THE TRUTH!!!

respectfully,

DC

• Spade
    Spade

Would you divulge to a rapist the location of your daughter? Of course they’re not "under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it." Use some common sense.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

they’re not "under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it."

come on Spade. Use some common sense. The WTS lies to it's own people. In their mind, no one is entitled to the truth. no one!

They lie to you, to me to anyone and everyone.

gimme a break....lying for the truth....

jeeesh.

dc

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Not divulging a potential victim's location to a criminal is one thing; misrepresenting the official WT stance on education, citizenship, medical treatment, and treatment of non-Witness family members, under oath affirmation in a court proceeding, is quite another. The Preparing for Child Custody Cases pamphlet makes it clear that Theocratic Warfare Strategy is to be used, though they avoid using that phrase publicly. The Watchtower Society not only encourages lying when it suits their ends, they all but demand it!

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

who would not be entitled to hear the truth?

which persons in modern society are they warning about? are they refering to court cases or meeting someone on the street?

who are they worried about so that they'd have to lie?

in what instances in life would you be required to use "theocratic war" techniques?

please answer these question REALISTICLY.

please justify your lie.

and the rapist excuse is lame. would NEVER happen, so give another example. REALISTIC.

good luck. god's watching you type.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You can't do no better than that Spade ?

what the WTS use is entrapment, then they

flip the script on you once your in.

They make it seem as if futher education is alright

and even let you use you own conscience when it

comes to blood products, but you know the consequences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Spade, you can't be serious, can you? Quit being such a tool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit