born again

by cskyjw.sun 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

John3:3"unless anyone is born again,he cannot see the kingdom of God". This concept is not just restricted to the anointed ones,it applies to all Christians.Everyone needs to be transformed from the 'old ways' of living to one that is led by the Holy Spirit at whatever levels that one is able to attain.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Christians are ALL anointed.

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. NIV

So simple, isn't it?

Syl

• poopsiecakes
  • sabastious
    sabastious

Life is a constant cycle; much like that of a snake. They never stick to one set of skin, they are constantly casting away the past as a shell of their former existence.

-Sab

• designs
    designs

Ok, that explains the Trinity Broadcast Network's gaudy Headquarters.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just say the magic words and you'll never die...

• Robdar
    Robdar

Then I'm glad I'm Jewish. You only have to be born once to be accepted.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

The parallels in religion never cease to amaze me.

"Even death is not to be feared by he who has lived wisely." Buddhism

"Death is merely the moving of one home to another. " Judaism

"There is no death. How can there be death if everything is part of God." Hinduism.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Then I'm glad I'm Jewish. You only have to be born once to be accepted.

Nicodemus was also Jewish.

John 3:1 -2 There was a man of the Pharisee sect, Nicodemus, a prominent leader among the Jews. Late one night he visited Jesus and said, "Rabbi, we all know you're a teacher straight from God. No one could do all the God-pointing, God-revealing acts you do if God weren't in on it."

3 Jesus said, "You're absolutely right. Take it from me: Unless a person is born from above, it's not possible to see what I'm pointing to—to God's kingdom."

4 "How can anyone," said Nicodemus, "be born who has already been born and grown up? You can't re-enter your mother's womb and be born again. What are you saying with this 'born-from-above' talk?" MSG

Syl

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

If I get born again, can I have a new set of genes? The one's I have are really f**ked up, and I keep getting weird diseases. I'd like longer arms too. Long arms are so graceful, and while mine are a perfectly respectable length, I'd like to look more like a dancer. I mean, if I'm never gonna die, then I should like my arms!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit