MOVING TO WHERE THE NEED IS GREATER

by picosito 13 Replies latest jw friends

• picosito
    picosito

How many of us would like to see WTS brought to task for encouraging us to "Go Where the Need is Greater" and then not supporting our efforts or trying to subvert them by all means of organizational rules and regulations after our having gone through much pain and trouble to relocate our family and have suitable employment?

Or am I the only one who has experienced an abusive scenario in this regard?

• Valis
    Valis

Look what happened to Ray Franz..he spent all those years abroad in places that probably didn't have running water. Not only did he get some awfull diseases that hurt him much later in life, but he got a swift kick in the ass without the pat on the back after many years of service.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Picosito,

I guess you are the only one.

• moman
    moman

Some people break under the Borg's yolk, take Fredhall as an example.

• picosito
    picosito

Thanks, Fred. Another illuminating reply.

I meant "the only one" posting here. I already know about Ray.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

I went to where the need was greater in North Minnesota once. I applied through my local congregation in Minneapolis for it to be official [They want to mysteriously control you to see if you are suitable are not to do something.]

They played around forever with giving me an answer, so I just traveled up there anyway by my own enthusiasm.

I went to the Thief River Falls town area. When I got there all I met was

an attitude of well who do you think you are coming into our area to help?

So, I just ignored them and got busy. I was there for two weeks. I cleaned out that KH of every small book they had [they resented me getting all their books]. I was placing 70 books about, every three days.

Eventually they accused me of giving the books away, which was a d---lie.

It was when the truth-book types were 20 or 25 cents. I stood in grocery store parking lots and went door to door rapidly and the apartment buildings and the downtown businesses.

I had a lot of fun doing it, and felt I was doing things for Jehovah. It was indeed a heart felt experience that made me feel happy and accomplished.

However, from that KH group I received sarcasms, suspicion, arrogance, and disrespect.

I am so glad I am free in Christ now
  • ThiChi
    ThiChi

Wow, its been a long time since I have read the term “Go where the need is greater.” We use to joke that it should be “Go where the greater is needed.” ((an attitude of well who do you think you are coming into our area to help?))

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

• picosito
    picosito

Thomas: "However, from that KH group I received sarcasism, suspicion, arrogance, and disrespect."

Picosito: I definitely received those too. Guess I musta read the Needgreater call from a KM they never read.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Moman,

You said

Some people break under the Borg's yolk,take Fredhall as an example.
    May I reiterate,
    take Fredhall
    PLEASE!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Yerusalyim,

Admit it!! You cannot do without me.

Share this

Google+