Anyone else get stabbed in the back?

by WontLeave 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

What scriptures were you defending against the elders with their WTs?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It sounds as if you have the same frustration that I had; I was pushed out of the cult, because I refused to either remain in a life threatening, abusive marriage or stalk my deranged jw husband until he decided whether to commit adultery or murder, as the elders insisted I do. Eventually it dawned on me that I was no better than anyone else to the Watchtower. It demands obedience to the death, whether it be through child abuse, spousal abuse, political neutrality, or the unscriptural ban on blood.

You, my friend, are confusing Jehovah's house with the Watchtower. Stop doing that, and you will be fine.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Are there more details to your story? So am I understanding this correctly that you feel the Watchtower stated something in opposition to the Bible as you interpret it? Therefore your elders feel you are stirring up trouble and possibly feeding doubts to the FDS?

Can you still comment, go in service, give talks?

• designs
    designs

They can line up 10 deep and stab you in the back and feel good about it......

• Satanus
    Satanus

There was a bro in my cong who was a lot like you. He was a brilliant speaker, people loved his talks. He was on his way to co status. Then, he get AHEAD of jay hoover's celestial chariot. Got caught under the horses hooves that pull the chariot. Got shut down to just an ordinary publisher, got labelled border line apostate for asking questions. Questions like, when a doctrine dissappears and then later reappears, is that like when the light gets brighter, goes out for a while, then comes back on; like a cloud blocking out the sun for a while.

Anyhow, it was this bro that introduced me to ray franz' book. He saw as i read it, started my own questioning and then was subsiquently dffed. He stopped going to meetings, finally, after that. Last i heard, he still loved the bible.

S

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

WontLeave, thanks for posting your story. I can totally understand. I've been in a similar situation for a few month - not as bad though, but I've been "marked", too - very soon I've learned a valuable lesson - a suving skill for a JW : NEVER TELL THEM WHAT TOU REALLY THINK. If you do, they will use it against you.

• snakeface
    snakeface

I remember the elders calling me a "maverick". Maybe they just finished watching "Top Gun"?

• LV101
    LV101

Satanus -- you've made my evening and i'm laughing so hard i can't read your post to my husband (never a JW and he thought i'd lost it when i joined) -- anyway, thanks for the funnies about the celestial chariot and caught under the horses hooves. love the lingo.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Are the reasons stated above the only reasons this happened to you?

A couple of things occurred that put me in the back room and I don't want to get into the details, because they're pretty specific and while I will gladly get in anyone's face - elder, pioneer, C/O, the GB themselves - when they demand I recant, reject, or just shut up about the Bible, I'm not quite to the point I want to jump completely out of the closet, yet. It was obvious grasping at straws. I didn't even suspect a problem. I actually thought they were taking me back there about "reaching out" for a higher position. The first few times, when I found out why I was back there, I laughed at them, until the novelty started wearing off and getting ridiculous, then it started pissing me off.

That is your crime and pretending you don't know that is you being obtuse. You know there is no room for dissent.

I found that out. That's one of those doctrines they keep up their sleeve for when you're already in. Kind of like finding about Xenu once you've spent thousands in Scientology. I wonder how field service would go if they opened with that little tid-bit: "Hello, we're just calling on our neighbors today to tell them to bow before 7 old men who can't figure out what a 'generation' is, but whatever they decide it is this week, you'd better believe it, too."

I doubt you ever argued anyone down, but remember, the same zeal you use to disagree with us, to apologize for the WT

I never defended the indefensible and wouldn't preach dogma. I flatly refused to use the Watchtower when multiple elders demanded so. I saw many mistakes in it and would only preach things I knew were actually based on Scripture.

What scriptures were you defending against the elders with their WTs?

Mostly about other JWs claiming to be "stumbled" by anything out of the ordinary and about elders being able to order publishers around on a whim with no Scriptural basis. Basically, not being a hive-minded drone became some kind of serious sin. I heard "be obedient to those who are taking the lead" like it was on an endless loop tape. I think that's the only verse elders know and they refuse to temper it with any other Scripture. They've been told by the WTS that makes them little gods and the losers in cheap suits' fragile egos really demand that glory.

Therefore your elders feel you are stirring up trouble and possibly feeding doubts to the FDS?

That's the weird part. It's like other JWs would find some peculiar teaching from some obscure article somewhere that flew in the face of logic and Scripture and virtually dare me to disagree. There was quite a list of them before I found out dissent wasn't allowed. So, elders confronted me about my beliefs. I guess my "brothers" and "sisters" were setting me up. I was unaware of their redefinition of "apostate" to mean "someone with reading comprehension above a 4th-grade level". I was told "you're not wrong, but..." and called "borderline apostate", "an outsider", "a criminal as far as the Society is concerned", etc.

You, my friend, are confusing Jehovah's house with the Watchtower.

Don't underestimate how bad Jehovah's house can get. Look at the book of Judges, the 1st-century Pharisees, and the Inquisitions for a few examples of things that have happened in Jehovah's house. Things are only going to get worse.

• bobld
    bobld

You said "I feel I belong in Jehovah's house".Well then what are you doing in Satan's house.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit