Anyone else get stabbed in the back?

by WontLeave 19 Replies latest jw friends

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I was a gung-ho advocate for JWs. I got on the message boards and would argue down any detractor, apostate, church pastor, disgruntled ex-JW, you name it... I was out in the ministry constantly, practically running from door to door, preaching. I started studies left and right. I literally wore my Bible out (and one of my pet peeves is mistreating books). I never sought the "pioneer" title, even though I was far exceeding the requirements. I signed up to serve where the need was greater. I was in it 100%...

Then, suddenly, it began. I find myself in arguments with other JWs over things that are unambiguously stated in Scripture. I actually end up in the back room defending the Bible against elders wielding Watchtower articles. I end up "marked", sanctioned, and excluded from any and all service - just shy of DFed. I'm never actually confronted with any accusation of wrongdoing and never dragged before a judicial committee, but a judicial sanction is placed on me for which there is no policy - overt or in the "Flock" book - which allows it. I'm under "special shepherding", as though I'm a pedophile, among other things that might betray my identity so I won't get into them.

I speak to the C/O about it, thinking "I'll go over these morons' heads." I get the runaround with him, so I write the Branch. Little did I know at the time, the Branch was the source of the main attack which all but pushed me out completely. With no request for input from me, totally without my knowledge, and without even an explanation, I'm a pariah. I have no clue what the Society has down as the reason for my situation and nobody's given me any insight as to what my crime was or how to rectify the situation. No judicial committee means no appeal; just an administrative order from an anonymous source in Patterson.

Basically, it's like a manager who just doesn't like an employee, but the worker hasn't done anything to fire him for. So, the manager cuts his hours to like 4 a week, in hopes the employee just quits and leaves. But I'm not going anywhere. They'll have to throw me out in fulfillment of "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name" (Isa 66:5) and "Men will expel YOU from the synagogue." (John 16:1) No, I feel I belong in Jehovah's house, even though I know I'm seen as an outsider (and been called such in those exact words). The current Pharisees will have some serious explaining to do. Jesus didn't like their kind the last time he was here and I doubt if he'll have much use for people who use the Scriptures about the Pharisees to be even more arrogant.

I'm just wondering if anyone else here was betrayed out of the blue? Anyone else suppressed or silenced for being too enthusiastic about the Bible? Attacked from all sides by sneering "brothers" and "sisters" with their constant looking for something to be offended about? Put on trial constantly over nothing by jealous old losers who don't know anything about science, history, logic, or the Bible? Ever heard of anyone being all but DFed for no stated reason, with no recourse, indefinitely?

• Curtains
    Curtains

In a nutshell you are a disturber of the peace wontleave. An independent and free thinker. Such people threaten established order and are disfellowshipped for this reason. Many here have trodden this path.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Are the reasons stated above the only reasons this happened to you? I can't put my finger on what you said or maybe how you said it, but it just feels like there is more to this situation than you are able to tell us.

Oh, and what Curtains said.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

The WTBS never ceases to amaze me with its corrupt mishandling of scripture. I've never heard of the situation you describe but I dont doubt it happens. Its a relief for me to find out that the true God is not inside that cult.

Loz x

• kimbo
    kimbo

An elder in my congo was DFed for pointing out something that was wrong

Later they changed to agree with what he said but did not bother to tell him he was wright

He was right and they were wrong.

They are not a loving sheppard

Keep your mouth shut or they will DFed you

Stop using your brain.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

i was trapped into a jc for telling my abusive wife that i had enough of her bs and was leaving. the elders asked if they could offer some encouragement. last minute they call up a third elder and it turns into a jc without me even knowing whats goin on!!

elders are hypocrites on powertrips!

• I quit!
    I quit!
    I feel I belong in Jehovah's house, even though I know I'm seen as an outsider

Then shut up and peddle the magazines. That is the best advice I can give you if you want to remain a JW and fit in. The Watchtower doesn't like you free lance apologist. They don't really want the average JW to be well versed in their history and doctrines. They just want you highlight your Watchtower study article every Sunday and parot few approved comments now and then. Any witness that has done a deep study into their history and beliefs even though they claim loyalty to the orgazation is not to be trusted. They want Witnesses who just believe that Christ came back 1914 and appointed them over all his belongings in 1919. They don't want anyone to actually go back and investigate their claims. I think they may find witnesses like you useful at times but you are never to be trusted. They know that a rogue apologist is only one light bulb moment away from being a well informed apostate.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I actually end up in the back room defending the Bible against elders wielding Watchtower articles

That is your crime and pretending you don't know that is you being obtuse. You know there is no room for dissent. All must speak in agreement and be one. That is the driving force here, but you know that. You are proud that you were so enthusiastic about arguing with opposers. Your words:

would argue down any detractor

I doubt you ever argued anyone down, but remember, the same zeal you use to disagree with us, to apologize for the WT, is the same zeal those elders are using on you. If you really think you belong there, then shape up and do it right

OR

You could acknowledge that you would not be visiting such a board unless you had some serious doubts. Perhaps you were protesting too loudly. Once your critical thinking has been tickled awake, it is hard to put down again. It's okay. We have all been where you stand, and we understand. Going from having all the answers to having very few answers if incredibly scary but liberating. Consider getting off the fence.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    Attacked from all sides by sneering "brothers" and "sisters" with their constant looking for something to be offended about? Put on trial constantly over nothing by jealous old losers who don't know anything about science, history, logic, or the Bible? Ever heard of anyone being all but DFed for no stated reason, with no recourse, indefinitely?

I agreeed with everything you said about that statement above ! I remembered a few years ago ( like 2005 ) we went to my friend's parents 30 year marriage anniversary . Me, my brothers and couple friends walked in the restaurant with a our hats on; because it was very windy that day. People in the congregation were upset and "offended" because we wore hats inside of a building!!! (wtf! by the way this congregation is very "old school" ). Anyway we sat down and all we heard wispers and bickering ( like "get that worldy stuff out of hear" ! ) . Mind you are parents were there and didn't do anything to stick up for us. It got so bad that we just ate are meal and left ( never reciviced an apology mind you ). That experience still pisses me off!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I was not betrayed like you. However, you've done an excellent job of highlighting what is important to WT leadership:

TOTAL OBEDIENCE, TRUTH BE DAMNED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit