love this tidbit from the may 15 tower too.

by therevealer 9 Replies latest social humour

• therevealer
    therevealer

THE WATCHTOWER ? MAY 15, 2011 page 9

12 An exemplary wife helps the family to "stay awake" by assisting her husband in the spiritual education of the children. The truth is that in most cases it is the mother/wife who is the main one that provides this education to the kids. (Prov. 1:8) She actively supports the Family Worship program. Moreover, she is supportive of her husband when he gives counsel and discipline to their children. And once again this in most cases is the wife. How different she is from an uncooperative wife, whose children suffer physically and spiritually! Don't you just hate these uncooperative wives whose kids must suffer so.

Just imagine what it is like for this poor woman. Her husband is at work, she at home alone with the kids. They act up and there she is wondering "now what would my dear husband do/say to these insolent little buggers." Oh what to do what to do.

• dgp
    dgp

Well, I have a question. What if the children, being children, are way smarter than the father, BUT the mother does know how to keep them in line? They will behave while the father is away, but they will pretty much get away with anything when the "HEAD" is there. So, is this Jehovah's loving arrangement?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

more watchtower drivel

• therevealer
    therevealer

mrsjones5 - I totally agree. BUT I cannot beleive that they can keep making these articles more crude and objectionable. But they can and do. I was at one time the breadwinner of the family and an elder in the congo. The time I had available after the schedule of working and trying to keep up the elder duties meant that my wife basically ran the show so to speak. And I know that many fellow elders had the same experience of life in the mileux of sillines that is the "truth"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think the wt writers live in a bubble. They are unaware how awful and crude their writing really is.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How different she is from an uncooperative wife, whose children suffer physically and spiritually! Don't you just hate these uncooperative wives whose kids must suffer so.

Is that a direct quote from the magazine? "Don't you just hate these uncooperative wives,"?

(sorry, the underlining won't come off!!! )

Amazing the hatred fostered by the Borg.

• therevealer
    therevealer

sorry Mad Sweeney = that part was my sarcasm

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

The sad thing is that there are "brothers" who take the WTBS seriously when it comes to a woman's "place". I know that my father-in-law is like that with his wife. She never questions anything that the Society gives about "sisters" in the congo. He tried to tell my husband that he should tell me what to do and so and so, etc. My hubby knows better than that or we'll have a "situation". Our respect for each other goes for all areas of our marriage. It is 50/50. He would rather me to take charge of some things anyway because he is a "mild mannered person".

• baltar447
    baltar447

It's not 1940. WT writers need to be sent home from bethel, go live in the REAL world and THEN write some damn articles.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If only R&F JWs read the literature like some folks here who are "out" do..................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit