Tattoo - Regret it or love it?

by mythreesons 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

I've been mulling over "getting ink done". Anybody here have any thoughts. Do you like yours? Do you regret it? What kind of Tattoo did you get? I've been thinking of one on the shoulder or chest...something that won't always be visible.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Loved it when I first got it. I was a very petite(size 2) 23 year old. I had a vine with flowers tatooed around my navel. It was cute.

Now, I'm a 42 year old mom, wife, employee, aunt, etc... I am not heavy but have certainly gained some weight over the years(size 10) but looking back in hindsight, I wouldn't have gotten it.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/237853/

Best tattoo commerical ever.

I got a tattoo on my honeymoon. I love it.

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

I have 2 large tattoos on my lower legs. I like them, they cover up well. But I can't wear shorts sometimes (corporate outings). However, I'd get another one, and it would have to be easily concealed. I have a friend who had his neck and side of his face tattooed. He regrets it. He said it's nearly impossible to find work with the thing, he drives garbage big-rigs.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

Brotherdan - Best tattoo commerical ever!

That's Hilarious! Especially when talking about the trip to Jamaica! LMAO! Tingling means it's working...hahaha

Thanks

I was thinking of one maybe the size of a baseball on the shoulder. That wa it would be in a place where it could be easily concealed. That would be rough to have it on your face. Wow! Not sure yet, but there are days where I think screw it...LET'S DO THIS!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I got a flowery anklet on one leg and a flower above the other inside ankle in 2007.

Love them!

They cover up easily with shoes and socks and look quite lovely (to me!) in sandals.

I'm contemplating another one, a colorful triquetra on the outside of the other ankle.

I feel dressed with my tattoos and light piercings (tongue, nose, ears, and formerly belly button (wouldn't heal)).

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Ooooooh! I'd love to see 'em, Dovie.

Myself; my skin is "un-adorned" and, as yet, I'm pretty scared.
    I already have had a few ideas for tats but as long as there is JW family I'm regularly with, it could be far more trouble than it's worth.
    Something else that gives me pause is the sheer cost. I've heard that tats can run into the hundreds of dollars each. (I suppose it depends on size and detailing.) If true, it's little wonder that your typical tattooed street urchin is impoverished and stays that way. I've never had much money so it could be a "luxury" I might never be able to afford, especially since I don't like to do anything half assed.

I'd give this advice to anyone though... If you're looking to get a tattoo, make sure that it is something deep and meaningful to you. It's those stupid, juvenile types of tattoos young ones think are "cool" or "awesome" at the time that will be the ones they will regret later in life. You've gotta think it through...

V665V665

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I have numerous tattoos, one done by hand in Thailand (as in using a needle and rubbing the ink in. Stunningly painful 5 hrs). My last two were done in Bali by an amazing artist. The last was completely "free hand" and took under an hour. It is the revered Lord of the Monkeys, Hanoman, a Hindu deity who symbolises loyalty, bravery and cleverness. The tattoo runs done my left arm, with his hips coinciding with my elbow. My other tattoos all have personal meaning to me, so like a diary, I would never regret having my past recorded on my skin.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Got this on the right calf. Also have a scroll on my left shoulder that says "Insisto Vestri Conscientia Quod Subsisto Invictus"

• White Dove
    White Dove

I agree with Vampy.

The anklet was $100 and the flower on the other one was $60.

I checked out their website and read about each artist.

Turns out the lady that runs the place won best all over body tattoo in the Nation one year.

The flower hurt more that I thought it would.

The anklet felt like a knife was carving it in slowly.

Mine are flowers, so I'll love them into old age.

Now, I must ask those who like cartoons and other pictures for tattoos: Will you still love them as an old person?

Also, consider your genes and how most of the old people in your family look in the area you want your tattoo done.

My family's females have nice ankles into old age, so I'm pretty sure I'm safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit