Destroy or Reform the WT?

by ThiChi 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

I don't think that it will be destroyed or reformed. Instead, I think that a group of JWs who do their own thinking but still buy into the basic theological stuff [but not the stupid rules/regulations/control] will get so disappointed with the current JWs and will start a new type of JWs. The existing JW structure will remain for those who like to be controlled and have their thinking done for themselves. This latter group will tend to be of low membership while the new JWs will continue to grow.

Then, you'll have basically an Orthodox JW group and a Reformed JW group, just like you have in most other religions.

• anewperson
  • Derrick
    Derrick

Nice to see others giving this serious thought. Your list covers all the bases where scriptural reforms will steer the vessel in the right direction. I think if we can start there, the rest will follow.

Think of it like this, if a large tanker is about to run ashore and cause a tragic oil slick as in the loss of human lives dependent upon this organization, someone needs to have the courage to grab the wheel and bring her around. After she misses the coast and is full steam towards the open sea once again, only then should exact course heading become the focal point.

Derrick

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

-- William Blake (Auguries of Innocence)

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Reform? I don't think I would call it just that.
    I think the WT will survive but will change as needed to keep the Org. a float.
    They are playing a big game of,.. not chess but,.. Checkers.
    They don't think that far ahead to call it chess it's more like move for move with some basic stratgy that is:
    The longer they lasts the more kings they get.

So they will keep changing and declaring "New Light", for a while until it gets too old to keep doing that. By that time they will be just like all these other long lasting christian religions. If they play a decent game of checkers.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • gumby
    gumby

indireneed quote: "the doctrines of the WT are for the most part non-destructive"

From a biblical point of view I feel different.
    The bible teaches that salvation comes by grace from God by accepting his son and having faith in him and what he taught.

The Witnesess believe salvation comes by "WORKS" By being good enough to the end you can have life.Then after a thousand years you can lose your life again if your not good enough.

If they were to change this attitude to the true Gospel, they could use all of their facilities and their people to a usefull purpose.

I do not feel it will ever happen. Look how long the catholics have lasted with their offbase heirarchy arrangment and doctrines.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I don't think it will ever be distroyed either but it will be reformed. It won't have any choice. A lot of things are probably going to change drastically over the next decade regarding All religon.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Changing doctrines will do nothing.

If you cannot change the thinking then get rid of dubdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit