it seems like this time period 2009-now a lot are coming out of wbts

by jeckle 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jeckle
    jeckle

its a generalization from my perspective maybe because i've left ? oh should i define the words time period like the fds. lets see i hope its not like generation ? uhm uhm ok generation is a group of poeple living at a time.......blah blah blah yada yada yada oh wait it could mean a contemporary .....blah blah blah....yada yada yada... oh let me return later after i do some research can i come back . its the deeper things you know i'll get an elder?!@##

• flipper
    flipper

JECKLE- Nice to have you here on the board ! Welcome ! So you notice that a lot are exiting the Witnesses since 2009 ? Are they mostly younger people leaving ( under 35 ) or some older ones ? Just curious. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

I'm also curious, tho it wouldnt surprise me a bit. I think at least in our lifetimes we will witness a decline in numbers'officially' even, as those in developing countries coming in slow while those in the rest of the world continue to leave. Or die of old age. whatever the case may be.

maybe thats just wishful thinking, then again, maybe not.

• jeckle
    jeckle

well i was half way seriuos about all that i just love attention. if i hadnt grew up jw i wouldve been an actor. seriuosly tho now that i had the scale fall off my eyes. shall i quote something i heard ' your eyes are bound to be open knowing good and bad" or something like that well it seems more are leaving lately.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

jeckle - Your expression "it seems more are leaving lately" reminds me of the way the WT uses the expression "it seems" with no data to back it up. I would be interested to see a scientific study on the matter.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Welcome!

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

InterestedOne, I would love to see that too.

A lot of the kids I grew up with left around the same time as me. A lot went back too. It's one thing to get kicked out for not following the rules, it's another to wake up and realize you want to no part of it ever again.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Welcome Jeckle.

But please get a little more organized.

Villabolo

• jeckle
    jeckle

i love the attention!

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

jeckle - I meant to also welcome you. I saw your post on the thread where I asked for "Our Kingdom Ministry." I could sympathize with your feelings even though I was never a JW. I am currently checking them out because I am concerned for my friend who is in. I've been a little touchy lately about how the WT uses language. It's really been upsetting me - to the point of nausea. That's why I jumped on the phrase "it seems." I know you were just generalizing as you said in your OP. It would be interesting to see a scientific study on who is leaving the WT though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit