Have you made MAJOR CHANGES since you started posting here?

by nicolaou 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I ask because I've been posting at JWD/JWN for 10 years now. I was a rapidly fading JW when I started but still considered myself a Christian for a good few years more. Now I've embraced reason and rejected faith I'm a very happy atheist and enjoy learning more about the fact of evolution.

What about you?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

fact of evolution

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Yes, when first joined here in 2006 I was still a Bible believer and I thought I could get to the truth if I could ever wade my way through all the corruptions and figure out what it actually said. As if one's eternal salvation is dependent upon learning Hebrew and Greek and who changed what. When I go back and look at all my posts from that time I get nauseous. Silly me.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

fact of evolution

Absolutely, but please don't divert this thread brotherdan. Evolution IS a fact, that's one of the major changes I'm talking about.

• undercover
    undercover

I've changed a lot. When I first posted I was a questioning, but still kind-of active JW. I was irregular and was starting to face the doubts and questions that had longed nagged at me. My first thread, I was accused of being a troll because I was so wishy-washy. Admitting that there were problems with the WT teachings yet trying to excuse it.

Once I crossed that line to actually accepting the facts unveiled in my research, it was a pretty quick change over to full on apostate thinking and posting.

I've changed quite a bit in real life as well. I no longer adhere to rules, principles or morals as prescribed by the WTS. I've left it behind and made new "worldly" friends and live life as I see fit. To be honest, I went overboard with the new found freedom, but like a college kid first enjoying freedom, I soon found my limits and reined in my excesses to that which I could tolerate and enjoy without adverse effects to me or others.

For all intents and purposes I am no longer a JW, though not officially DFd/DAd. I'm working on freeing my wife (somewhat successful so far) so I pick and choose my battles, but as more time goes by it is apparent that I have left the religion behind and no longer adhere to it...or want to.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Feels good doesn't it undercover, your story is very similar to mine. I'm happy to say my wife is now fully out of the cult and will say she is happier now than she ever was.

Good luck to you my friend!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Total change - 100% LDS to 99.9999% Atheist

I now choose my own underwear

I do not go visiting other members to talk church

I do not study the scriptures

I sleep guilt free

I don't pray about what to do every day

I am more moral because I trust myself and my judgement not a set of morally suspect books

I no longer sin

I have one last taboo to break - my first alcoholic drink. I'm planning on Baileys since I have a sweet tooth.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I used to debate Christian's more often. Now I am more into learning more about spirituality in any form. I'll always have my cognitive leanings, but I strive to be as spiritually tolerant as possible.

I think that is a big change since I first started posting.

-Sab

• The Finger
  • out4good3
    out4good3

No...

I'd made the necessary changes to take control of my life long before I knew this place existed. This place is good that it confirmed that what I was seeing and felling was not my imagination or because I was excessively fault finding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit