Just Received This Email From "Knocking" Director

by DarioKehl 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

One premature death as this one is one too much. It is really sad Seth could only extend his life another 3 more years. I feel sorry for his wife, baby and parents. I still find quite heroic to give up one of your organs to save a life, as his father did.

The emotions left aside 'knocking' is indeed biased, definitely in favor of the watchtower. But maybe to have at least some effect on the 'faithful' it might be necessary, an unbiased docu might get all their defenses up straightaway. It will get slandered by the elders from the platform to prevent the R&F from watching. I watched 'Knocking' when I was still a 'believer', encouraged to do so by the 'friends', and it was one of the contributing factors on reconsidering the value of preaching Door to door. Believe it or not, I was quite ignorant about how 'agressive' field service is experienced by the public in general. After having watched it, I could not understand why elders and others encouraged us to watch it, I did not think it was so positive for us, witnesses. If this was the most 'positive' the world could produce about the Witnesses, what else is out there we don't know about? If it would be generally known among witnesses that the filmmaker was gay, way less witnesses would have watched. It is quite funny the society concealed this fact. clearly double standards, but what can we expect... from Gods sole Channel of Communication...

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

I can remember when this came out they even had a discussion board set up to discuss it. It was flooded with apostates and they were so SHOCKED at the responses that they shut it down. I remember reading the comments sent to the producers about the dvd saying how they had to ask their elders or call the society to see if it was ok to view it. Now just think the producers painted the WTS in a good light and the rank and file had to ask for permission to view it. You would think they would have gotten the hint about what a mind controlled cult they are...

• Broken Promises
  • Sharpie
    Sharpie

One thing that bugged me in that movie that in one scene with the Holocaust suvivior, the narrator basicly said the JW's were more commendable because they were in the nazi camps by choice? and the jews had to choice? Wtf. Correct me if I'm wrong but i've only seen the movie once year or two ago.

But yeah for some reason that part bugged me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit