Louis L'Amour

by White Dove 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• White Dove
    White Dove

Just getting into his books and I'm hooked. He was a fantastic author.

• tec
    tec

My grandfather loved him. Read everything. I don't think I've ever read one, though.

• White Dove
    White Dove

He writes fast moving stories with tons of action and some romance. They read like the western movies talk.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

He is fantastic. I read one of his series, and then a single book about a soldier with eskimo blood doing something in Russia. It's been a while. I think the series was the Sacketts. My adopted dad loved him too.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Loved "The Walking Drum"

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

My aunt got me hooked on him about 20 years ago. I have every one of his books in paperback except for the short stories. I prefer the full stories.

I think the one set in Russia is 'Last of the Breed'. That and 'Haunted Mesa' are my favorites.

• White Dove
    White Dove

So far, my favorite has been The Iron Marshal.

It's a mystery, sort of.

I like how he writes from his own experiences, such as boxing and knowledge of how the frontier feels.

He adds unpredictible twists and turns.

• snowbird
    snowbird

My sister, who now lives in Atlanta, and I read every one of his books!

We used to talk about the Sacketts as if we knew them personally.

Our friends would like at us as if we were crazy.

L'Amour is some alright White man!

Syl

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

My whole family have read his books for decades. My hubby has the whole set. My favorites, that I have read again and again: Comstock Load, Conagher, and Cherokee Trail. Enjoy!!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I just checked my list of books read and 25 of L'Amour's books are on it. I love his books and my favorites are the ones about the Sacketts.

Every time I go to the thrift store for books, I always look for his books I haven't read yet.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit