My Trip to the Unitarian Universal Church

by NewChapter 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

NC, Unitarian Church is monotheistic, no Trinity, my knowledge is limited in this area. Interesting experience you had with them, sounded fun!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hey Bubble. It's also intersting how they came to be called Unitarian. They didn't believe in the Trinity (back in the day) and so they were given that name in a perjorative sense, by those that didn't like them. True to their peace loving spirit, they liked it and adopted it. So it has Christian roots. But then in the 50's they realized they had so much in common with the Universalists, they just joined. That's when it all opened up. They had come so close in their approach, that one subsitute pastor worked for both churches. He found he never even had to change his sermon--they always fit both churches.

They also never believed in Hell. I'm always amazed at how good I feel there, being an unbeliever. I went because I missed the community aspect of JW land. They said they welcomed Atheists, I didn't fully believe that, but it really turned out to be true.

NC

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

It sounds like a nice Church, no baggage we are all use to lugging around. We are so guilt laddened, it's is maddening, how did we allow this to happen? Back to the topic, I hope you find a wonderful community there, something the WTS has failed us with! I never was able to folllow the Trinity, keep up the posts on this, very enjoyable reading!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit