What Is Truth?

by Reopened Mind 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Did you read the article of that name in the very first edition of the Watchtower?

When I read that, the second thing that struck me was that they haven't changed the way they seek 'truth' ever since that article was published.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So what is the truth?

I like the simple answer best (may you all have peace!):

"I am... the truth..." John 14:6

Keeps it short, sweet, neat, clean, and to the point... with no need to research subjective, contrived, confusing, and sometimes fluctuating definitions.

But then, I am a pretty simple girl... at heart...

Peace!

A slave of the Truth,

SA

• tiki
    tiki

Deepok Chopra - not quoting verbatim, but from a Sunday New York Times Magazine section interview a few months back, made this observation....

In the beginning God gave man truth....and then the Devil came along and said let's organize it and we'll call it religion.....

Think about it....all the truth is there in the universe...all the mathematics and science...every single thing down to the tiniest atom....and the universe is ever-expanding....we haven't a shred of "truth". We only imagine based on our limited capacities.

Then, of course "you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free".....it's almost humorous, but after so many years in "the truth", you see the light.....and you are set free. It is so far larger than people can confine to a religion or a pattern of living.......it is universal, huge and so beyond our limited imaginations......just so so very big and wonderful................:)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free".....

"Know the Truth" and he Truth "will set you free." That's a wonderful prospect, isn't it, dear Tiki (peace to you!). It comes from John 8:32. Funny thing: folks (particularly the WTBTS) seldom read/quote what's stated just a few verses after, at John 8:36, which clarifies, again, just what the Truth is:

"Therefore if the Son sets YOU free, YOU will be actually free."

Or perhaps I should say just WHO the Truth is (John 14:6).

Something... ummmm... simple... to consider. Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ, the Truth,

SA

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

What Is Truth?

Truth is what you don't have to make excuses for.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

the truth never needs defending because it is and can and does stand on its own, needs no defence, protection!!!!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    the truth never needs defending because it is and can and does stand on its own, needs no defence, protection!!!!

Excuse me for saying so, dear LuvDoc (peace to you!), but sounds like you've never been falsely accused. I think, however, there are folks the world over who would disagree with your comment... on several levels.

Just sayin'. Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

Aguest

my statement is about truth not defending a person or their actions or beliefs. It is true much of the time words and the way we put them together cannot always convey what we mean in our heart and that others for whatever reason may not understand what we thought we were communicating. Good thing manny are conscious to the fact that not to much is really important except necessities of life and the way we care for other human-being.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

there is no such thing as truth it's all subjective,

• AGuest
    AGuest

I hear you, dear LuvDoc (peace to you!). I hope you heard me...

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit