I am frustrated!

by JRK 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

I have been talking to my JW mother. About all of my angst.

It totally flies over her head.

The UN is no big deal. The Generation is no big deal. Nothing is a big f**king deal to the brainwashed!

Just shoot me.

JK

P.S. She is 87, I shouldn't be doing this.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

yes, you should not be doing it since she will kick the bucket soon or later.

• Scully
    Scully

Look at it from her perspective. At 87 years old, would you want to admit that you pissed your entire life away on a pile of lies??

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

I could barely rationalize that I wasted 30+ years. I can only imagine how hard it would be if you had raised kids and had grandkids in it.

• Scully
    Scully

The argument I've used with my parents is that when "other churches" have those kinds of scandals, the WTS and JWs make out as if it IS totally a big fat deal. After all, it "proves" that they are part of False Religion™.

Remind her that one of the things that Jehovah hates is a cheating set of scales (one that weighs in favor of the owner all the time).

• ambersun
    ambersun

I'm afraid I have to agree with lamallcool. My own mother is in her 80s and I am constantly biting my tongue to stop myself from saying something every time she states as fact that ALL the WT's Bible's predictions are coming true, and the end is very close now. She has waited patiently for so many years for armageddon and lives for the day she will be reunited with Dad in the resurrection. It would be extremely cruel to try to shatter her dreams at this stage of her life, it would break her heart and I could never live with myself.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What are you hoping to achieve? At that age it is surely the kindest thing to let her be.

• I quit!
    I quit!

If she hasn't woke up by now there is little chance it will ever happen. I think Scully hit the nail on the head with this comment.

Look at it from her perspective. At 87 years old, would you want to admit that you pissed your entire life away on a pile of lies??
  • JRK
    JRK

She brought it up. I couldn't help myself. Otwo, or Flipper, please help me here. I have bit my tongue long enough.

JK

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My mother is in her late 70s and I didn't let that stop me from waking her up. Of course, upon my immediate family leaving the Borg, she had to know why (rather than just shun us, bless her). So I told her and showed her why. She's fully on board with our decision and hardly ever goes to a meeting anymore herself. She doesn't have the friendship infrastructure in place to completely DA but she's mentally free and we're all the happier for it.

Is it difficult for her at times? Sure. But I don't think you're doing anyone any favors by leaving them hostage to a mind control cult, no matter their age.

Faithful older JWs are in constant fear that since they can't pioneer or make all the meetings anymore that they will be destroyed by their loving God at Armageddon. I think letting them finish out their life in uncertainty is a LOT better than finishing it out in fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit