Did you ever get stumped in the ministry?

by NewChapter 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Haveing been raised in "the Truth" I only understood (although quite clearly) what the WBTS taught. NOW, having lived in "the World", I beleive that if I were to return to being a JW I would be Much more affective in the ministry. The world has afforded me the oppertunity to better understand the minds of those who dont believe.

Go get em' tiger.

-Sab

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

I was just a kid/teenager when I went door to door, so if someone started arguing, the person I was with would usually take over, saving me from embarassment.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Yea. I was about 11, and I told my friends to bring me their bible, that I would prove Jesus died on a stake, not a cross. Gag.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Of course there was the lady that didn't even bother to come to the door, put spoke to us (myself about 10 and another girl about 12) out the window that faced the porch. "You should be ashamed of yourselves!" That was it. We were.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

We walked up one driveway to meet with a woman who was outside. Her large dog greeted us and kept jumping up with his front paws on our skirts--smearing feces all over both of us. The woman just sat there smirking. We were done for the day. The smell was horrible.

NC

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

When I was 15 I had a woman say to me my adult companion, "How long are going to chase the carrot on the stick young man?" I was pretty sharp at the doors for a kid and loved to debate but she caught me off guard and she it a nerve. My adult companion had the "deer in the headlights" look and was useless. I never forgot that woman or that door because on that day the crack in the dam of my blind belief was started and it widened until it broke almost 30 years later.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

A Trinitarian showed me John 20:28, where Thomas calls Jesus, "My Lord and My God." I had been a JW for the better part of 10 years and didn't even know that was in the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit