Here's an update to what has happened since I used the words, "Big News," five years ago

by AndersonsInfo 53 Replies latest watchtower medical

• rebel8
    rebel8

Mr Monroe, I too wondered if that's what Barbara meant. Yet that is not really the jw definition of conscience matter.

When a patient is a Jehovah's Witness, beyond the matter of choice, conscience comes into the picture. One cannot think only of the physician's conscience. What of the patient's? Jehovah's Witnesses view life as God's gift represented by blood. They believe the Bible's command that Christians must "abstain from blood" ( Acts 15:28, 29 ). Hence, if a physician paternalistically violated such patients' deep and long-held religious convictions, the result could be tragic. Pope John Paul II has observed that forcing someone to violate his conscience "is the most painful blow inflicted to human dignity. In a certain sense, it is worse than inflicting physical death, or killing."

Source: http://www.watchtower.org/e/hb/article_07.htm

• rebel8
    rebel8

Mr Monroe, I too wondered if that's what Barbara meant. Yet that is not really the jw definition of conscience matter.

When a patient is a Jehovah's Witness, beyond the matter of choice, conscience comes into the picture. One cannot think only of the physician's conscience. What of the patient's? Jehovah's Witnesses view life as God's gift represented by blood. They believe the Bible's command that Christians must "abstain from blood" ( Acts 15:28, 29 ). Hence, if a physician paternalistically violated such patients' deep and long-held religious convictions, the result could be tragic. Pope John Paul II has observed that forcing someone to violate his conscience "is the most painful blow inflicted to human dignity. In a certain sense, it is worse than inflicting physical death, or killing."

Source: http://www.watchtower.org/e/hb/article_07.htm

• Gregor
    Gregor

I started posting here because of Barb's original BIG NEWS thread. It was very suspenseful for several days and when the BN was revealed some were let down, as barb as recalled above.

Below is my 6th post, going back to December of 2005 -

Post 6 of 6186
    Since 12/12/2005

I guess it's to be expected that many who were wanting instant gratification are disappointed. But to claim that this development is meaningless is flat wrong. It IS big. As you will find out as time goes on

Hello? Ever heard of the Mormon Church reversing itself on polygamy due to secular laws?

Have you heard about the Catlickstroubles over sex abuse by priests?

I remember when disfellowshipping announcements included the specific reason, i.e., adultery, fornication, etc. The WT gave all kinds of self righteous, so-called 'scriptural' backing for this practice. But when they started getting sucessfully sued for slander they dropped it like a hot potato. They changed it to a blanket "conduct unbecoming a Christian" for a while and when that still didn't stop the suits, they dropped that too.

Two angles here

1. Huge monetary damages and 2. Many JW's WILL take a hard look at the faithful and discreet slave. Many are on the edge anyway. The straw indeed.

Thank you again, Barb, for your dedication to the real Truth over these years.

It is appropriate that re-posting one of my first comments brings me full circle to what is probably my last post here.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Barb,

If a large building made of bricks has one brick removed, the building is still sturdy. Remove another brick, same thing. Remove another brick, same thing. But when enough bricks are removed, the building is nothing but rubble.

“One brick at a time, my dear citizens, one brick at a time.” - Roman Emporer Hadrian on the rebuilding of Rome.

Every single brick matters, dear Barb, friend and exJW Citizen. One brick at a time.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit