am I welcome here?...I am not JW

by Jokemyster 17 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Greetings Jokemyster, and welcome to the forum. Stick around, you appear to be one with some spit n' vinegar in ya!

One thing though, I just wanted to touch on it (no biggie):

you said: ...why cant YOU people start asking questions, and stop relying on WBTS for the answeres?...

Well, the name of the website is a bit tricky because it appears as though it's solely a JW website. But you'll probably notice, many of us are NOT Jehovah's Witnesses any longer. Any observed disgruntledness is just people expressing their frustrations of having BEEN Jehovah's Witnesses in the first place. Angry that they were (past tense) dupped by this religion. For others, they experienced some unpleasantries as members, and here they can speak-up and not be silenced.

Many of the members on here, can speak out here. At the Kingdom Hall, you can't. If you do...well you won't be around there for long. Here, you can speak your mind, and rant and rave about the 'goings on' at WTBTS. Don't worry, we are NOT governed by their decisions.

Look to the WTBTS for answers? HELL NO!! any answers we need, we can find them right here. For most of us, it's 'been there, done that'. Many of us have come out of that religion with plenty of issues which needed to be discussed, dealt with. After that: the healing begins.

Another great thing about this forum is, we can exist here on-line without being muted by the WTBTS. We can share our stories to former JWs, existing JWs, questioning JWs, and those who are curious about what they are all about, from the point of view from former members.

If we can help sway anyone from joining the Jehovah's Witnesses, then this site has done its job along with a majority of all its participants.

Much is discussed here, as you have probably seen. There's a lot here for everyone. I'm glad you posted Jokemyster. I hope you'll hang out here for a long time to come.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Wow this is an old thread!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Angharad...I just noticed how old the post was originally. Good grief!

Oh well....time to put on my glasses.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

LOL @ Rayzorblade

At least your heart was in the right place my dear. *HUGZ*

• waiting
    waiting

lol........

I'm soooooooo glad that I'm not the only one who's not used to the page numbering system

The icons load slowly............but hey! "don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Yeah, and if any other new ones read this:

WELCOME!

• eteacher
    eteacher

LOL I started reading the post and got scared that I had actually joined a pro JW site. I am not anti-JW, however I believe that there are some of the same things going on in the organization as there are going on in the Catholic church. I also question the quality and accuracy of JW literature, most of which I might add seems to written on a fifth grade level ( see the Awake). At any rate this is a cool site and I will be visiting it at least once a day.

• Golf
    Golf

Welcome Jokemyster, ah your my kind of person, give em' hell. I agree with you, this crying over spilled milk is for babies.

We have some stand up folks here, so bear along with the forum and throw in some jokes and humor. Oh, and rattle some more cages.

Guest 77

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Welcome. I'm running a test.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit