Human Ancestry Made Easy.

by whereami 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Both

• ambersun
    ambersun

Thank you that was most informative and easy to understand.

• potleg
    potleg

So if the first man Adam wasn’t created 6000 years ago…that would explain why the Witness chronology is so screwed up. Very interesting.

Hang on…Does this mean that the account of the naked lady and the talking snake is a bit iffy too?

• cofty
    cofty

If fundamentalists want to reject the evidence of our emergence from Africa 60,000 years ago they also must reject the technology that convicts murderers and rapists or that proves paternity. It is exactly the same science.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Wait a minute! Just wait a minute! The Watchtower publications all show Adam and Eve as European White People. Ok, maybe not European, but at least they were clearly white.

Black people descended from Ham (he made fun of his father - a drunk) and his family was cursed. All of Ham's descendants were cursed with dark skin and they all migrated south from the Middle East down into Africa - not from Africa.

When Jesus came, that curse was lifted. He couldn't turn them White, like the blessed Middle Easterners and Europeans. So they remain black to this day, but they were blessed by being able to play basketball really, really well.

So I guess things evened out over time. Right?

I'm glad I was able to clear up this question for everyone...

JV

• belbab
    belbab

I just read an excellant book called Abraham's Children by Jon Entine. It deals with a study of the dna lineage of the Jewish people and their migrations to all parts of the earth, from China in the far east to the people of Spanish descent in southwest US.

How did the Jewish lineage show up among Spaniards. In 1492 the year Columbus set sail, Jews in the same year were expulsed from Spain. Some went to Portugal, others to Holland. Many Jews nominally converted to Catholithism. and they were called Conversos. When the America was settled by Spaniards, many Conversos migrated. It is suspected that many of Columbus' crew members were Conversos, and some believe Columbus himself was one. The Jews and Moors (Muslims) in Spain were the mathematicians, astronomers and explorers for Spain and Portugal.

Also it has been extablished that the Eastern Jews, known as the Kazaars, are really Jewish descendants. Before DNA, many believed that they were converted to Judaism and not truly of Jewish descent. Other conclaves of Jewish villages have been found in India and China and still show evidence of Jewish beliefs in their language and customs.

One village in South east africa also show evidence of Jewish lineage.

belbab

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cofty - "If fundamentalists want to reject the evidence of our emergence from Africa 60,000 years ago they also must reject the technology that convicts murderers and rapists or that proves paternity. It is exactly the same science."

I'm often amazed that so few people bring this up.

But then, fundamentalism is not evidence- or technology-based. It is ideology-based.

Partly why I suspect the WTS still holds to the two-witness / judicial committee format. Trials in ancient times were less about establishing innocence or guilt (in most cases, guilt was already assumed), and more about determining repentance. The "innocent-until-proven-guilty" concept is actually a relatively recent development in jurisprudence.

Which explains why authoritarian regimes don't really like it.

• Heaven
    Heaven

whereami, thank you. I really enjoyed that.

a very clear presentation of facts that literalist interpreters of the Bible will find uncomfortable.

So true Wobble, so true. I am wondering what the Botchtower will say about this. Many times as a child my Mom would say that carbon dating is flawed because the large water bag surrounding the Earth had 'filtered' the sunlight. Ummm... yeah, ok Mom.

I do love it when Math and Science prove that religious beliefs are bogus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit