Is it acceptable for JWs to put flowers on a loved one's grave?

by serenitynow! 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

It just amazes me and flabbergasts me, how so many people from the Jehovah’s Witnesses and other control groups will so nonchalantly, abide by anything and everything that the hierarchy suggests; or more aptly tells them to do. My god people wake up, you should not even have to ask such questions, if you have to ask such questions then this in and of its self, should tell you that you are in a CULT. Duh!

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Oh” and by the way, the Pyramid is not Russell’s grave his grave is off to the side some hundred feet with a flat surface stone.

• Scully
    Scully

Heaven:

As a child I was told putting flowers on the grave was worshipping the dead and that Jehovah doesn't approve of that.

I was told that too. Then it occurred to me to ask "Why is it ok to give flowers to people who aren't dead, if it is a form of worship?"

• Mandette
    Mandette

Well this kinda answers some questions. When my dad died a year ago , the ONLY ones that sent flowers were my friends, supervisors and co-workers. My family were surprised when they started showing up to the Kingdom Hall.

Makes me sick.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I don't think JWs consider the practice of putting flowers on the grave of a deceased loved one wrong. My mother did that for years about once a month after my grandfather passed away. It's just a way of remembering their life and acknowledging to yourself that you loved them and cared for them.

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

I don't think they approve of such things. My uncle was tryig to get re-instated several years ago and that was one thing he was told to stop doing.When my mother passed 4 years ago, not only did my JW Elder father not visit her grave and place any flowers he also told the cemetery that they could have her ashes! He threw her away like garbage. Yet everyday he "mourns" for her. Crying and stuff. He makes my stomach turn. How do you love and care for a woman for 40 plus years and can't do something as simple as afford her a proper burial?

• Mary
    Mary
    As a child I was told putting flowers on the grave was worshipping the dead and that Jehovah doesn't approve of that.
    Holy crap, really? Not around here. My older sister died in the early 1970s and I remember going up to the graveyard all the time with my dad to put flowers on her grave.....no one at the KH ever said anything negative about it........
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68

Seems to be o.k. in Australia. The MS I studied with and who was the Book Study conductor in my home congo has flowers on his headstone.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Nothing like taking funeral flowers to an old folks home because they rarely get flowers..

Hopefully the name/card of the mortuary is removed first...

They may take it as an omen.

AS far as the flowers having a pagan origin..I think it depends on how evil the JW person's mind is thinking up all that crap...the more evil they are the more pagan the ritual..IMO

Just wondering if a pagan decided to start the practice of eating with a spoon, would the JW's reject eating with a spoon because the pagans started it..how utterly foolish they have become. ( Snoozy shaking her head at their stupidity)

There is nothing wrong with remembering someone you love..for shame.

My JW MIL carries her dead hubby's ashes around in a cardboard box in the back of her car..I wonder what they say about that? Nothing! They make a joke of it.

Snoozy

• laverite
    laverite

LOL @ Lars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit