Hurry up with your personal study, it's almost time for your beating!

by Mr. Falcon 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I'm hoping to go to Modena Italy

If you want to tour the Ferrari factory you have to show

them your ignition key to prove you are an owner.

Heeeheeee where's the topic police now Mister!

• villabolo
    villabolo

James_woods (This time I got the name right!):

"I have heard that one before - also the one where some sister was thrown into a basement jail in Hiroshima, Japan for going door to door - and was the only person in the downtown city who survived the atom bomb."

Just as a historical footnote, recollecting from my nuclear research years ago, there was one survivor of the Hiroshima nuclear blast in close proximity to ground zero.

She wasn't out in any field service for sure and it's extremely doubtful that anyone would have survived in a basement jail in downtown Hiroshima. Anyone in downtown Hiroshima, even if they were spared the thermal radiance of the detonation, would have had their eardrums ruptured and lungs mortally damaged through "overpressure" from the intensity of the shockwave (blast) at that close a distance (Imagine an unopened beer can being squeezed by a very strong hand and squirting while crushed.)

The actual survivor was a woman who, either through extreme paranoia or Obsessive Compulsive Syndrome, took shelter deep inside a long tunnel that was used as shelter during bombing raids (With conventional weapons, of course.).

The full story is this. A city alarm siren would go off every time a bomber would be sighted but would not continue if there was only one bomber. The reason was that a single bomber would be considered a surveillance plane. Any actual bombing run would involve many planes. Therefore, it was considered a false alarm to continue the sirens for a single airplane.

Of course, with a nuclear bomb it only took one bomber and the Japanese were not expecting that.

This particular woman, however, was the only person who, apparently out of compulsion, took shelter. In spite of the fact that she was deep inside the tunnel she suffered burns from what is known as the "popcorn effect". The "popcorn effect" occurs when superheated grains of sand, on the surface, leaps up into the air (The heat makes it rise.) and travels a distance due to the blast.

That superheated sand entered the tunnel (Which had no blast doors.) and burned her somewhat. Apparently she was too deep for the "overpressure" to reach her at lethal levels.

Villabolo

• ziddina
    ziddina

James_Woods:

"...also the one where some sister was thrown into a basement jail in Hiroshima, Japan for going door to door - and was the only person in the downtown city who survived the atom bomb. ..."

And :

"...I swear - I heard it at an international assembly in Vancouber Canada, about 1968 (supposedly given by this Japanese "sister" HERSELF) and the remarks were that she was spared because she was out in service. ..."

Hmmmm.....

That story is eerily reminiscent of the tale of one of the only two people within the city of St. Pierre to survive the eruption of Mt. Pelee on the island of Martinique at 7:52 A.M., May 8th, 1902. The man's name was Auguste Ciparis, also known as Ludger Sylbaris. Unlike this unnamed and little-known Japanese Jehovah's Witness, Ludger was a criminal - BUT!! He was ALSO jailed [at the time of the eruption] in a thick-walled cell with a window and door facing AWAY from the direction of the massive pyroclastic flow that destroyed the city of St. Pierre and 30,000 people with it, in one furious blast from the volcano...

(Note that in THIS instance, the man's existence is historically verifiable... I got the above information from "Volcano", published by TimeLife books as part of the "Planet Earth" series, page 31...)

His story was so well-known that he went on tour with the Barnum & Bailey show, being exhibited as: "Ludger Sylbaris - The only living object that survivedin the "Silent City of Death", where 40,000 human beings were fuffocated, burned,or bured at one belching blast of Mont Pelee's terrible volcanic eruption..." That's a quote from a circus poster advertising his appearance... [Also from the above book, same page...]

Though there probably were many people who survived in the area of Hiroshima by being underground at the time of the blast, it is interesting that this JW woman's story so CLOSELY paralells that of Auguste/Ludger.

Since the Watchtower Society is not above plagiarism...

Here it is from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Martinique

"Mount Pelée eruptionOn May 8, 1902, a blast from the volcano Mont Pelée destroyed the town of St. Pierre, killing almost all of its 29,000 inhabitants. The only survivors were a shoemaker and a prisoner who was saved by his position in a jail dungeon with only a single window. ..."
  • james_woods
    james_woods
    Heeeheeee where's the topic police now Mister!

The topic police spare anything that has to do with Ferrari as an acceptable post in any thread whatsoever. Other makes have to relate somewhat to the thread - Rolls-Royce on a thread about England, for example; or Porsche on a thread about Germany.

A city alarm siren would go off every time a bomber would be sighted but would not continue if there was only one bomber. The reason was that a single bomber would be considered a surveillance plane. Any actual bombing run would involve many planes. Therefore, it was considered a false alarm to continue the sirens for a single airplane.

Of course, with a nuclear bomb it only took one bomber and the Japanese were not expecting that.

Correct - and that was a deliberate deception by the AAF. They had selected Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and two other cities as atomic targets because they were relatively undamaged and would be a good indication of the amount of damage. "Weather planes" - single B-29s were sent over these cities regularly but did not drop bombs. This lulled the Japanese defenders into putting up none or minimial resistance to a single bomber in those areas. (this from the book by General Groves - "Now it can be told".

Though there probably were many people who survived in the area of Hiroshima by being underground at the time of the blast, it is interesting that this JW woman's story so CLOSELY paralells that of Auguste/Ludger.
    Since the Watchtower Society is not above plagiarism...

Very interesting, Ziddinia - it could very well be linked. What I thought at the time was that the lady (at best) might have been one of the many survivors outside the critical blast area in Hiroshima - and possibly was already a JW (or, more likely later became a JW) and this story got the typical JW "assembly grand experience" embellishments.

It also occurred to me that ironically, if she was a JW in Hiroshima, surely there must have been other JWs there - and they were likely not "protected by persecution".

Has anybody else here ever heard this Hiroshima story?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Yes, this is strange. And by strange, I mean bullshat. I can almost swear that I remember either reading an experience in the Watchtower or at a convention about this very "experience". Except one critical difference. It wasn't a sister, but a brother who was incarcerated for neutrality. There were other little quirks about this story that had the aroma of horse droppings, but that was the biggest.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Finally Free ...

That's what happens when you peddle magazines you don't actually read yourself.

I am sorry about the pain you want through, but as any good JW would know, Jehovah allowed you to experience that because he knew that in the future you would be an apostate. Had your heart been true, you would have been spared that experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit