Jehovah'$ Witne$$e$ say center would have big impact

by betterdaze 43 Replies latest social current

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"They bring the Ten Commandments and a Ten dollar bill, and they don't break either"

I was told that was stated by a newpaper writer in reference to the NYC convention in 1953 0r 1958.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

1 thing iv hear a bit from others is if the end is near why are the still building and planning years in advance. I heard a simple answer as about 3.5 years ago I was on the regional building committy. I was just one member of part of one group called moister remeadiation-water damage, mold to restore kingdom hall.

At meetings when there is allways a big push to have us elders and others too spread the word and get recruits the idea was that even though the great tribulation is near, then harmagedon, Jehovah will use our buildings, so much like the preaching work we need to keep building and repairing to save money. Just keep going. Your thoughts. and yes it is true individuals shant plan and build only Jah org.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How do they figure each person would spend $66 per day when the society tells people to bring their own lunches to the assemblies? A family of four spending $528 in two days? Not bloody likely.

Rich Witnesses make up the difference.

-Sab

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

I believe that is money that witnesses would be spending on that economy including hotels, going out to eat ect.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Educational Center?!?!

Holy crap.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well if it is their own hall and not one leased then people might actually drive into the town for food. But reall! $66 a day? what the heck are they eating?

suppose

• get up at home and eat breakfast before you leave and get to the ass hall. You might bring some snacks and a thermos of coffee or some drinks. No time to rush out anywhere
    • Run out to MacDonalds or other fast food place and spend tops $10 for lunch. Rush back to hall. No other shopping
    • still have snacks for mid afternoon
    • drive home at night if close enough
      • repeat meals for day
    • Total output 2 days $20 per person plus gas money
    • or stay in motel - preferably one where kids stay free - 2 adults tops $70
      • supper - $15
      • do a bit of shopping for meals next day - $10 per person
      • breakfast - might be free or pick up Macdonalds $5 each
      • Run out to fast food for lunch
      • leave and go home
      • finish snacks and eat at home
    • Total output for 2 days $110 plus gas money

I know many people who would drive 2 hours before and after each day to save money. It isn't like JWs are rich.

Someone ought to tell that town to check the revenues that are generated in other towens with halls

It is non-profit - a religious order = no taxes on property or on resources - like water

The actual building costs will be way lower because they use free labor and not people hired from the community. All maintenance will be done by JWs not people in the community

• james_woods
    james_woods

Pure PR (and BS at that) to get the locals happy with the zoning.

So much for the notion that witnesses do not build fancy churches.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think the WTS. is trying to exploit the recession by waving dollars in front of the township's eyes.

These calculations on how off shoot revenue will be generated locally is a blatant exaggeration.

There is one Assembly Hall here in Vancouver thats been there now for over 35 years and I can attest that the local community hardly makes

a financial gain at all when there is an actual Assembly occuring.

Being that the AH is right inside a residential area, the local retail food and lodging places are hardly effected.

Lady Lee has some other good points

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

After all who would expect a religious organization to lie and misrepresent facts, especially one that is god's one

and only truthful organization here on earth. You can expect that an organization that proclaims that any government

run institution is evil and controlled by Satan's driving spiritual force, to not afford appropriate respect and honesty

when presenting information to support their own agenda.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

By the way the WTS. are calling any newly constructed Assembly Halls Education Centers,

most likely to make the complex more appealing to the public to where they are to be built.

You all know how education cultivates public appeal in these modern times, the only problem

is the WTS. educates people on past human ignorance, propagated on a notion of fear and coercion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit