Something to say next time the Witnesses call.

by fadinfast 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

I have just read in these following paragraphs something that would disturb my conscience, notice:

12 They also saw that there are but two organizations in the universe and that everyone belongs either to God's organization or to Satan's, the latter on earth being composed of big business, big politics and big religion. WT81 12/1 p23

34 The world's political wild beast rules supreme under the name-number 666, while big politics, big religion, and big business keep that wild beast functioning as an oppressor of mankind and a persecutor of God's people. Rev Cli ch 28 p196

I notice there that big religion is part of Satan's organization, I know you guys put in a lot of hard work and time and your numbers are rising, am not sure what your tipping point, the point at which small becomes big, is, [possibly the same one used between major components and blood fractions]

But my conscience would not allow me to think I have made you part of Satans organization, so I must decline your offer. FF

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Dear JW caller, if the ancient nation of Israel was proof that Jehovah works thru' an 'organization' on Earth, isn't it also true he can cast that 'organization' off, as he did with ancient Isreal as you claim, for refusal to 'quit touching the unclean thing'?

Can you be confident Jehovah has't cast off the Watchtower Organization for joining the 1. United Nations? For accepting shares in 2. Randcam (weapon developers) and for gleaning money from 3. Philip morris Tobacco company?

1. Any JW joining a political group would likely be disfellowshipped.

2. Any JW joining the Army or working to develop weapons would likely be announced as 'no longer a Jehovah's Witness'.

3. Any JW smoking tobacco indirectly 'sponsored' by the Watchtower would likely be disfellowshipped.

Would Jehovah not cast off such a hypocritical organization as you claimhe did to ancient Israel?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hmmm....

first, the Witness would be wondering why you happened upon a WT from 81?

Secondly, the Witness could argue that compared to the major world religions, 6 million JWs is hardly "big".

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the best thing to say ever ever ever if Dubs call and they have to preempt the initial contact with their usual " have you seen the news lately?" is to respond with "yes I've seen another JW minister has been convicted in sex abuse against children" I heard that here.

• ambersun
    ambersun
    respond with "yes I've seen another JW minister has been convicted in sex abuse against children"

Sadly, most JWs are conditioned to shut their mind against any deffamitory information from worldlings or apostates so to hit them with something as strong as this on the doorstep will just be like a bullet missing its mark and ricocheting off a nearby wall to most of them, unfortunately. There again, I suppose if it makes even ONE dub sit up and take notice, it is worth a try.

• mrquik
    mrquik

You could also ask " What evidence do you have that you are the one & only true religion, led by Jesus Christ & endowed with Jehovah's Holy Spirit?" The usual answers are "love" (found to some degree in every religion) "unity" (also found in many religions. Also if you expel dissenters, you can claim unity) and "prophesy". (Which, of course, is a joke given their 100% failure rate.) They just might begin them to think on their own.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Something to say next time the Witnesses call

You could say NO THANK YOU, I like my mind uncontrolled by a corrupt disingenuous Publishing Company.

Stop it there and close the door, this should leave the callers with something to think about !

• Heaven
    Heaven

I'm with thetrueone on this... I have limited time to engage JWs in a fruitless discussion. I do admire people like moshe though. Maybe when my life calms down a bit I'll have some pamphlets for them. Funny thing is, they aren't knocking on my door anymore. Cool!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

At the top of my ever-changing list of what I'd say if they ever call again:

Y'know, I've been a member of many clubs over the years, and I'm always interested in new things. I've even been in different religions for a while. Now tell me, if I joined Jehovah's Witnesses and got baptised ... and then after a few years decided I'd had enough or decided it wasn't really for me after all, would it be OK if I stopped going?

They'd say: Of course not! No one's compelled to join or stay, so if you want to leave, you just leave!

What if I wrote a letter and resigned my membership? Would there be any consequences?

They'd say: Well, gee .... probably not ... (exchanging worried glances at each other). It depends ... on what you're doing, you're lifestyle, whether it's still in harmony with God's org- .... I mean, in harmony with God.

See, someone told me that if you quit, which is what you guys call, uh, disassociation, right? .... even if by then you'd become my best friend, you would never talk to me again. Never even say hello. Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't be allowed.

And someone told me there's this new Watchtower article that says that anyone who disassociates -- which would be me, because I'd just decided to move on -- is lawless and wicked and an unrepentant sinner. And no Jehovah's Witness would ever be allowed to talk to me again. Isn't that what the Scientologists do when someone quits, they harass them? Isn't that what Jim Jones did at Jonestown? Isn't that what cults do?

See, you come around my neighbourhood trying to get people to quit their religion and join yours, and you say people should be free to choose, but once they're in, you use this blackmail to force them to stay ... and try to cut them off from their friends if they go. Don't you think that's rather dishonest?

And since you've got your Bible in your hand, can you just show me the scipture where it says someone who leaves a Christian denomination is wicked and lawless and should never be spoken to again for the rest of their life? Can you show me where Jesus did that? I mean, if you do that, it's based on the Bible, right?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

All of those are great responses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit