Would you say anything to someone that is accepting JW literature ?

by troubled mind 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• brotherunsure
    brotherunsure

The literature is getting more and more blatant these days with all the talk about "Jehovah's corporation" and so forth it would seem to me that it would seem strange and bizzare to anybody innocently reading it even without hearing from any critical sources...

• jeckle
    jeckle

wow is it really saying jehovah's corporation now ? wow ! like how to boil a frog alive! get it? they just keep getting more blatant about that stuff but if youve kept up with your dose you wont catch it or catch on to it!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    She is a facebook friend of mine. Maybe what would be better is to start a blog on there sharing my forty yrs experience growing up as a Jehovah's Witness. That way she can at least see a different perspective.

That sounds like a good idea, put the information out there for her to see without being aggressive about it. Remember, she is being told to expect resistance, so the more gentle tactics are more likely to get good results. Leave that lifeline out where she will find it!

edited to add: Be sure to include links to articles on Freeminds, JWN, etc. in your blog. Make it easy to find the non-WT point of view.

• White Dove
    White Dove

When I noticed that my neighbor was studying with a couple of brothers, I talked to him later to let him know what it was really about.

Turns out that his mom and sisters are all JW's and he has AIDS. Perfect victim for the WTS.

I unwittingly turned myself into his return visit.

He'd try to preach at me and give me mags.

I told him that I thought he meant well and was a wonderful person, and that I will visit with him about anything BUT the religion.

He backed off and was still sweet as honey. Sweet man.

I did my best, and I'm glad I did.

I wonder how many on this board who were not born in but door step converts wished that someone had warned them.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I do not think I could resist that opportunity! I would definitely strike up a conversation and get to know the draw she has. Stop those "seeds" from germinating!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

What Ding said..Well put.Or you could smile and say,"Oh,I read fiction sometimes too!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit