If Your Husband (wife) is Still In - -

by Had To Go 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Had To Go
    Had To Go

Just remind them of something they already know, so that they can't deny it.
    Black Sheep - What do you suggest reminding him of? I like your response to my question. It seems so far that everything I have mentioned he has not cared about...or at least he has pretended not to care.
  • tresdecu
    tresdecu

My wife still is mentally on board the SS Watchtower. I try to drop a hint every now and then.....I have her on a 10 year fade plan ;) although she as no idea!

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

My wife still is mentally on board the SS Watchtower. I try to drop a hint every now and then.....I have her on a 10 year fade plan ;) although she as no idea!

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

crap, my 2nd double post not sure whats going on...sorry

• moshe
    moshe

JWs have bought into one dream- ie, cheating death and living forever in a paradise earth. They will deny anything that refutes that WT promise. It's call sunk loss aversion. The average JW has sunk so much time and effort into this belief system, that they can't walk away- and admit it was all for nothing. My JW wife only figured out what I told her about the KH was true, after she divorced me. When the elders wanted to control her social life with a worldly girlfriend from work, she was able to say, "no way", it's my life, if I want to go to a C&W club, then I will! . As soon as she did that, the KH was done with her.

• paladin
    paladin

My wife is a born-in jw and has not woke up yet. I am slowly fading out. I do hope the SS Botchtower runs out of fuel in the near future. lol

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, once they turn you in for having doubts, you kind of just want to leave 'em to rot in that crap, if they so desire to support it so much. But that's just a little anger talkin'. I should probably get off of here. Got the weekend to go through. Enough issues to tackle.

If there's a way to implant ideas without it being detected, a la Inception, then...a good idea to try. Just got to know when the right moments are. Can't advise anybody on that. I sucked at it when the time came for me to do so.

--sd-7

• Had To Go
    Had To Go
    once they turn you in for having doubts

Oh, let there be no doubt in your mind...I have been turned in, SD-7. I refuse to meet with them. I think they have finally quit bugging my husband to try to get me to meet with them. I think my husband knows that I would assume DA myself than to meet with the elders. And he also knows that if I do DA it will make his life a little harder so he isn't pushing it. I think I pretty much suck at being subtle as well. I just blurt it out and even then it is all half-a#$ed! A lady I used to work with called my husband the silver tongue devil because he is so good with words and people. I on the other hand am the exact opposite. That is why I don't think I will ever succeed with him.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My wife doesn't want to "turn me in" for any WT-defined wrongdoing. She knows it would be a betrayal of our trust and bond that could lead to divorce. So we have a great relationship. In order to maintain it, I have to refrain from insulting her beloved WTS and reach her through subtle reaching. I constantly force her to think for herself instead of accepting a view of current events that harmonizes with WT doctrines.

• Thursday
    Thursday

punkofnice - that's how I was (the one in being my ex-husband). For a number of reasons, including this, I ended up leaving him almost a year ago. It was a difficult yeah but I have never been happier, with life, in myself and now have the ability to be myself, think for myself, and be loved for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit