What does a demon or an evil spirit look like?

by foolsparadise 29 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

Aguest

"When they're visible, they look like ordinary people, animals, or plants, dear FP (peace to you!). This is because they cannot manifest on their own (they have no physical bodies nor "light" to reflect) and so must use a "host"... and only living things can provide host residency (so, you can dismiss any fears for the "demon-possessed" table from the swap meet - ). Because of this it is not by their appearance that they can be recognized; rather, it is by either the manifestation of their works/conduct or their self-identification. "

When I was a child I saw what most people would call a ghost walking down the stairs of our house. It opened the dining room door and disappeared. Some little while later my father saw it and it pushed past him and when into the kitchen one evening, later that night he saw it on the stairs like I had. It looked like my Grandfather who we lived with but only because of the blue cardigan he had obtained from his brother who was a spirit medium and he would wear the cardigan. We had other problems in the house for several months until the blue cardigan was gone. We didn't know that my grandfather had gotten the cardigan from his brother until my father enquired. There seemed to be a connection to the article of clothing. My grandfather also at this point would talk to somebody who was not visible to me and I could not hear. This cardigan seemed to be a connection to something else. What do you think?

• VM44
    VM44

Here's one!

Try not to look directly at it!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    What do you think?

I had one or two similar "experiences" when I was a child, dear Finger (the greatest of love and peace to you!). Or rather, I thought I had. When I mentioned them to my Lord (during a discussion where I was trying to understand "ghosts", "spirits", "demons," etc.), he said that I had not seen such things at all, but only thought I had. What had occurred is that I heard others, grownups, saying what THEY believed occurred... and after a time, I believed I had seen such things, too. So, he took me back to such times and I saw were I was sitting or playing somewhere... within earshot of adult conversation. Because I was so young, I believed what I heard them speaking about and, over time, made it my own. But it wasn't really true: I had not actually seen what I had come to believe I had. Had they? I cannot say because I don't recall what or who all was involved.

In your situation, because your granduncle was a spirit medium it could very well be that your dad... and even you... saw "someone." It would not have been connected to the cardigan, however, but to your granduncle who may have summoned [it]. But this could have been a spirit [summoned] from the world of the dead (or who had not arrived there, yet)... like Samuel or Lazarus, perhaps... and not a "demon" or "evil spirit", which the OP asked about. They are not the same thing at this time. Will be one day, though... the same "kind" of being, I mean.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who says, "Ooooh, now THAT'S scary!" as to dear VM44's post (peace to you!)...

• The Finger
    The Finger

Aguest

Thank you.

I definitely saw someone. I wasn't afraid just surprised that no one was in the room.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

They all look different. Some are very small some blanket whole continents. You have to know how to see them.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Well, they're indistinguishable from misfiring synapses.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Hi Shel *waves*

I don't understand what you mean by this statement.

Keep in mind, however, that you may not be the one "allowing place" for it... and so it may remain as a result from another's permission... whether known or unknown to them. If one is having difficulty removing a bad spirit, one might want to consider what or who the "source" of its permission to even be there is.

How can a spirit remain by another's permission??

Peace my sister xx

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I think I found a diagram of what an evil spirit looks like:

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"That is how they are clever . They have have got everyone to believe that they don't exist...They may look like, well, anybody ....and take any form they like"

Only kidding...because that is what the dubby family would say.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Its like telling people there are evil invisible tooth faries lurking around every corner. Craziness

Agreed but some people need the boogeyman to validate their experiences and/or beliefs. Doesn't make it real or true for those that believe otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit