Has anyone knocked on your door recently?

by dysfunction 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`ve been in this town just over 3 yrs, approx.pop.8000 and only twice have I ever been contacted,and being a small town never see anybody witnessing around the streets.

smiddy

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

No, I never get a knock on the door. They know me, they know where I live, and they know when I'm at work. Another Memorial invitation should show up inside the screen door in a month or so, but that always happens when I'm at work--never when they know I'm here.

• dysfunction
    dysfunction

I feel you guys.... So you know I have had the elders knock on my door out of the blue on the day of my sons birthday party.. But good old hubbie answered the door.. you know the "Worldly Husband". They have not been back since, I guess they don't want to waste gas since we are out of the neighborhood.

• moshe
    moshe

I guess, JWs just don't like the new recycling program that householders are using nowadays.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

They have actually been fairly regular callers in at my place - several times a year on average.

Not that they display any enthusiasm or spirit in what they do!

One is left with the distinct impression that the JWs these days are merely going through the motions, so as to have some figure to place in that column marked "Hours" att he end of each month!

Bill.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The last time, it was the postman that had a delivery for 6 ounces of silver I had ordered. And, since the silver market "crash(??)" (from $30 to 26 per ounce), I am expecting another 6 ounces today and 15 more I ordered before the price goes right back up shortly after. As for the witlesses, the last time they darkened my place was way back before 2005.

• wobble
    wobble

They do not knock my door as a rule, Wobble is a spiritual danger, but last year a lovely young sis. said she could not pass by without saying Hello, no pressure, she just mentioned in passing that they were giving out invites to the D.C (she didn't try to force one on me)

That is the last time I have seen them in my road ! Just before the D.C in June 2010.

They used to be round every three months, or even more frequently, maybe "The love of the greater number is cooling off" or some such.

I would like to find out the situation in the two Congos. formed by my old Congo. splitting, meeting attendance, others maybe fading etc. but I don't know how to, if there has been a dropping off they will know I am gloating so they won't want to tell me.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Mormons once in 2 years, some guy wanting to clean my windows and a couple of charities wanting me to pay £3 a month by direct debit.

• not bitter
    not bitter

Yes, 2 sisters knocked my door a couple of weeks ago. I knew they were dubs immediately. I was chatting to a friend on the phone when I answered the door and one of the sisters asked if they could call back later. I replied ''no, you're alright love'' and shut the door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit