Gary Moore RIP

by cantleave 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I grew up with my parents listening to Gary Moore. Still got the blues is an amazing song. It feels like it is part of my childhood.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

So sad. Too young.

RIP Gary "face like a welder's bench" Moore. What a fantastic axeman he was.

• zoiks
    zoiks

RIP

• cantleave
    cantleave

BTT - the tributes should continue

• flipper
    flipper

Rest in Peace Gary Moore. Still Got the Blues was an astounding song. My wife and I enjoyed his talent very much. Very talented guitarist and performer

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Not only was I shocked and saddened to learn that he’d been taken from us at such an early age, but recalling the genuine guy that he was I got choked listening back to (a recording of) him explaining to me in 2004 how he’d like to be remembered. He summed himself up perfectly: “Oh f***, I don’t know. However they want! As somebody that didn’t bullsh*t. Whatever I did, at least I meant it. That’s all I can say really cos I usually do mean it. I’m not full of sh*t like a lot of people. Whatever I do, whether it sells or not, at least I mean it at the time and I’m honest about it. Which I think is the only way to be.”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/gary-moore-when-irsquom-playing-i-get-totally-lost-in-it-15076608.html#ixzz1DLuiSDFc Honesty is a worthwhile trait to be remembered for.

• four candles
    four candles

I saw him at the High Voltage festival in london last year,and while it wasn't his best performance,it was still good to hear him play.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit