Fornicate so he can remarry??

by juci32 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

To a JW, saying he is "scripturally free" is equivalent to a confession of adultery or fornication. It will encourage malicious gossip about you and your character, which could easily spread beyond the local Kingdom Hall. If you care about your reputation, think about this before saying anything that could be used maliciously against you.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

This post should be a sticky for all those poor souls who come here, who know nothing of dubs but find thereselves involved with one.

At least now laws make it illegal for the elders to camp outside and spy on you to get proof of a breaking of the marriage vows.

My mother said thats what they did with her 1st husband when he left her (this was the late 60's.)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I dated a Jewish man of very low character. He and his wife were NY secular Jews. They divorced. She turned religious which is great. She could not remarry in conservative or Orthodox circles b/c he would not grant her a Jewish divorce. Only men can grant a divorce. When the law evolved, Jews lived in ghettos. It worked b/c a man had no choice but to divorce a wife in order to survive. All commercial and social transactions would cease.

The New York Times recently ran a long article about the thousands of women stuck in this no-man's land. I believe it is called a get. Knowing that she wanted the Jewish divorce, he adamantly refused. He was bound in hate. They were still married in that way. He was not building a new life. She was. I watched as he refused to pay child support b/c she wore a Burberry. Rabbis telephoned to no avail.

It is very uncommon for men to act this way. The vindictiveness is clear to all. Now demonstrators from supportive Jewish groups go to the man's business or residence and picket. If the law's promulgators knew what would happen, the law would be different.

I doubt that Bethel endorses this act of fornication. Sigh. I remember this Tv show on local NY TV that had a Jw go on about the differences in Greek between adultery and fornication. If divorce means anything, it means your business is no longer his business. He knew the Witness rules going into the marriage. With the staggering divorce rate, why do people assume it will not be them? Chances are it will be you. Look at Paul McCartney. He married with no prenup and he had to know she was a prostitute in the past. Only I'd feel more sorry if there weren't enough money to go around the universe several times.

I used to say I was sorry when people divorced. A client was very upset and came into legal services to look at her divorce papers, unable to read. She clutched them to her bosom. She was so grateful. Not Cinderella, is it/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit