Fornicate so he can remarry??

by juci32 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• juci32
    juci32

Hey guys! I've been here a while, posted a few topics about me and my Witness hubs. Well i finally through in the towel and filed for a divorce. i'm not gonna go into detail but all I can say for anyone dating or considering marrying a Witness, (especially a born in Witness with devout family and friends) DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!! A DIVIDED HOUSEHOLD WILL NOT STAND!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted this because my hubs and his mom is hounding me about me cheating or comminting fornication so he can remarry because they can't accept that I dont wannt be married to a judgemental Witness.

He tells me to confess or if I do have sex with someone in the future to let him or his mom know because he would be commiting a sin by remarrying without the marraige bond being broken(fornication). So i asked him.."what If I do have sex with someone in the future and never tell you?? Does your happiness lay in the power of my hands? Why do i have to let you know via text or call?? Isnt their a way that God can send you some kind of sign??" He says, "no God doesn't , I have to depend on you to tell me", so I asked, "well what if I decide that I dont want to give you that info and your single for the remaining years of your life?" He said that Jehovah will deal with me. I just want to know, where is there a scripture in the Bible that says that an exwife or exhub has to inform one another if they've had sex with someone new (after the divorce)??

• juci32
  • kimbo
    kimbo

He should be telling you not to fornicate..

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Sounds like you are not a JW?

It's none of their business what you do now that you are divorced. You do not have to play by their "rules".

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

sigh...almost every rule they have when it comes to marriage is f'ed up

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Tell him, and his mom, and everyone they know that YOU WILL NEVER GET INVOLVED WITH ANOTHER MAN! -- You are FET UP with such relationships! No, you plan to just remain CELIBATE! After all, there was never anything good about the sex anyway!

AND, since the end is so close, he'll only have to patiently wait for a short time.........and he can marry someone perfect in Paradise.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Isn't this just heartwarming? He and his mother are trying to urge you to go out and find some stranger and have sex so that he can be freed from your contaminating influence.No concern for your health or well-being in the future.

You should tell him you'd never dream of having sex with another man but not to worry because Armageddon will be here......soon.........until then he can keep his pants zipped tight...even though he must be thinking of all the sisters just waiting for him at the Kingdom Hall!

What nerve!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hi Juc,

I posted this on the other thread you started, but I'm going to edit a bit.

It doesn't say that you have to tell him. It says that he is not free to remarry except on the grounds of fornication. I know. I was single for 6 years while my non-JW ex apparently had not met anyone. Or, he did meet someone, and wanting to still control me, he did not tell me. And how could I ask him? It really was none of my business, and I knew that, but it put me in a spot. And don't think the whole f*king scenario did not conflict me. HERE, I was supposed to love my neighbor, WHICH included my ex, and I was supposed to pray and hope that he came to a true "knowledge of Jehovah" and yet, I WAS ALSO SUPPOSED TO HOPE THAT HE COMMITTED A GROSS SIN! Is that not the MOST hypocritical situation to sit in? I was sitting around HOPING that he offended god so that I could be free.

It's twisted. But he is stuck. He really is, and I know he is your ex, but know he can't move forward without the info. It's up to you of course. It would be kind to simply inform him if you meet someone. You don't have to give too many details. Just let him know he's free, and the next move is his. As long as you are not JW, the elders won't ask to speak with you.

It's good to be free of it all. But when I was in, that mandate made me so miserable. I was in my twenties and life was passing me by. Bastards.

I know it's wrong. I know it's a burdensome rule he lives under. I understand if you'd rather not involve yourself anymore. I get that. it's bullsh*t to me too. All I'm saying is that there is already a lot of suffering. Anything we can do to lessen unnecessary suffering enriches our own lives. Now, I'm not saying go out and have sex just ot help him out. LOL Just that if it happens, can you consider telling him? Take some of the bite away from that f*ked up org. Yet, I wouldn't judge you if you chose not to. Just presenting the other side.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Don't let their teachings control you and what you do. If he chooses to follow the Watchtower and their teachings say he can't remarry, that is his problem, not yours. He chooses to belong, he chooses to follow their rules. Tell him and his mommy there's no reason you should sin to make life easier for him!

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!! A DIVIDED HOUSEHOLD WILL NOT STAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen!

• Violia
    Violia

Be aware he or his mom may start stalking you so he can get some evidence so he can able to remarry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit