so a brother can't just be a publisher...

by african GB Member 13 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

Interestingly AGBM has a point with that new WT that says its ok to look at a brother within a year of his getting baptised. That is crazy and has caused a stir in my congregation. Every brother is now looking and asking "why am I not an MS"?

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think it may depend on what hall you go to but overall I think they appoint based on loyalty to the Watchtower. If you have too many interests that aren't directly related to the Watchtower they will view "spiritually weak" and some to be viewed with suspicion. Or you may have health issues that prevent you from doing all they expect you to do ("reaching out") but being dubs they won't take that into consideration they will assume you just aren't putting kingdom interests first.

• man in black
    man in black

Botzwana said : I was just like you but I WANTED to be one. They NEVER asked me in 16 years.

Gods spirit was probably protecting you.

• wobble
    wobble

You are dead right I Quit, they definitely appoint according to your loyalty to the WT, he who does not toe the party line will not get ahead.

I was a M.S for many years, once I was pressured to become an Elder and refused, but on all the other occasions they must have found something to not make me one, perhaps it was that I often pointed out the WT bulls**t, also I would never go out on FS when the C.O was there, but did more FS than other appointed men the rest of the time, got up their noses I guess.

Never was a"Society man", they made me sick. One new guy asked me why I was not an Elder, and I fibbed and said it was because I had made improper suggestions to the Circuit Overseer's wife !

Mind you, if I had really done that I probably would have got appointed, some of the dried up old C.O's wives would have been flattered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit