so a brother can't just be a publisher...

by african GB Member 13 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

well atleast not for a long time without getting the Elders' attention, either to give him priviledges or to suspect him of having committed a sin and not coming out.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I don't think so. Many brothers just aren't well liked or what not and NEVER get looked at for privleges.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I was just a publisher for 30 years- did not want to be a MS. But I had numerous priviledges over the years: WT reader, BS reader, prayers, led group in fs, mike handler, literature inventory, book counter, parts on sm, talks on tms, substitute book study conductor. An elder I was close to tried to pressure me into becoming a ms- I told him I don't like titles- I'll just do the work. He said that was not enough. But during my final 10 years as a witness, in another cong- I was given none of these priveledges.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Factfinder I was just like you but I WANTED to be one. They NEVER asked me in 16 years. I did all the stuff you did and was a pioneer on many occasions. I was also older. In my twenties and then my thirties but yet these little 15 year olds were always promoted as MS and never myself. Screw that organization! Glad I woke up!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Botzwana- I'm sorry they never let you be a MS. There was a lot of favoritism in the congs and as I saw more and more wrongdoing on the part on certain elders and I questioned it I became quite unpopular. I'm glad you woke up too! The wts is horrible.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I know many in the orginization have the attitude that if a brother doesnt reach out he is not spiritual. But always remember JW's are NOT judgmental!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses are, in fact, very judgmental. And very petty. The month has five Sundays--why aren't you a pio-sneer that month? Why don't you have any studies? What about when you missed a boasting session because you had a household emergency? You are especially harshly judged if you get less than about 7 hours a month in field circus and/or miss more than around 2 boasting sessions a month on average. And wait until they see the rap or heavy metal CD in your collection!

• Reality79
    Reality79

These people are a bunch of jokers. The mentality is that if you're not a MS by the time you're in your mid to late twenties then you're "unspiritual" - although they don't say that outright (well not all the time anyway) that is just the general vibe.

I was a pioneer, read at the b/s, had a lot of the 'privileges' etc but I wasn't even an afterthought. Interestingly enough, there was a brother around my age group who was one of their favourites, but no sooner than he got his ms promotion he left the 'truth' because he couldn't handle the pressure everybody was placing on him. Of course they were all devastated that their little golden boy didn't want to know lol.

A lot of it is blatant favouritism and I've seen it a lot of the years. Brothers who are hard grafters and doing the work get overlooked because they aren't part of the clique or an elder's son, while these other little jokers get their title because their face fits or they are such-and-such's friend.

The way they encourage competitiveness, jealousy, guilt etc is a real shame.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    These people are a bunch of jokers. The mentality is that if you're not a MS by the time you're in your mid to late twenties then you're "unspiritual" - although they don't say that outright (well not all the time anyway) that is just the general vibe.

I really believe that because of the way Jehovah Witnesses just try to recuit younger men for the title or "privilege" of Ministerial Servant ( ok they will go after younger men too, but they want mostly young men for MS's ) . When I in ( as of 2009 ) I kind of felt like I missed the mark because I wasn't a Ministerial Servant by 23 ( I'm 25 now ). I notice that they look down on you if you don't have rank, title, or ''privilege'' by a certain age.

I don't how when you first meet a fellow "brother" or "sister" they try size you up spirituality .

I was a pioneer, read at the b/s, had a lot of the 'privileges' etc but I wasn't even an afterthought. Interestingly enough, there was a brother around my age group who was one of their favourites, but no sooner than he got his ms promotion he left the 'truth' because he couldn't handle the pressure everybody was placing on him. Of course they were all devastated that their little golden boy didn't want to know lol.

That what I don't like about the politics of the congregation; you'll think that "holy spirit" plays a part it becoming a Ministerial Servant or an Elder. Most of the time an elder will take a brother under his wing develop him and he'll be next in line of a rank or title. I seen congregation golden boy's or golden girls.

A lot of it is blatant favouritism and I've seen it a lot of the years. Brothers who are hard grafters and doing the work get overlooked because they aren't part of the clique or an elder's son, while these other little jokers get their title because their face fits or they are such-and-such's friend.
    The way they encourage competitiveness, jealousy, guilt etc is a real shame
  • AGuest
    AGuest

I think I hear what you're saying, dear AGBM (peace to you... and welcome back!)... and you're right: you can't "just" be a publisher... unless you know how to get them to back off... without covertly sullying your reputation. Otherwise, yes, they either want to "use" you (and want you to want to BE "used" - all puns intended)... or they assume something's "wrong" with you (based on their dislike of "something" about you, including but not necessarily limited to your appearance... attitude... intelligence... wife/kids... job... house/car, etc. You know, there must be SOME
    "reason"... "Jehovah's" not "using" you).

I always thought it interesting that they claim the appointments are "by holy spirit." Shee-yeah... right. Holy spirit wouldn't wash the "stink" off a whole lot of "brothers" that I knew, at least not while they were still wallowing in the filth they were (and I don't mean adultery and drugs... which was the case many a time... but, rather, the whole "me-and-mine-are-so-much-better-than-them-and-theirs-and-so-'Jehovah'-will-pick-me-'cause-I'm-all-that-and-the-other-guy-ain't-nuthin'" BS... which is what actually made them prime candidates for "usage", IMHO).

And some were more than wallowing; out and out bathing, they were, and relishing every sudsy minute of it.

Anyway, again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit