no disrespect meant but -

by therevealer 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• laverite
    laverite

Therevealer -

I think it's a really nice picture. It's so very sweet. And he looks so kind and gentle. I'm just really glad I got to see this. It makes me feel a bit better about some of them. They aren't all evil monsters. I do like what I have heard about Barr. If the other GB members had been more like him, perhaps it would have been a kinder, gentler group. I wish the others had been more like him...

Thanks for sharing this. It's a wonderful find.

• therevealer
    therevealer

And to further emphasis my discomfort what about this chubby little fella. Looks more like the janitor with his key fob.

Jackson?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Take a picture of one of the elderly governors of the Mormon church, arm around a young child with a big smile and what would you assume.

Doesn't every elderly man wearing a suit look innocent and sincere ?

I can name a lot of nice soft spoken likable men who were elders, but that doesn't place an excuse to what these men have done

or what they have been involved with, which anyone one with a self sustaining brain can see that its an disingenuous exploiting

publishing house.

• laverite
    laverite

Thetrueone - there is no such thing as "a self sustaining brain."

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Look at the tiny train on the desk! Awww, how cute!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Can anyone explain the weirds ornaments on that table ?

It seems to be placed with an ceremonial arrangement in mind .

Looks like African pagan symbolisms .

• factfinder
    factfinder

I enjoyed Brother Barr's narration on the vhs video: Jehovah's Witnesses- The Organization Behind The Name. He sounds kindly and I liked his Scottish accent.

He seems as if he was a sincere man who really believed what JWs taught.

Also remember- he was a JW for many decades. I have no problem thinking he could give proper guidence and direction.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

yea, brother barr really helped all the children that were molested..and swept under the rug!

But then he looks so nice...

(yep..i'm in one of those moods)

• acolytes
    acolytes

Its not very wise to judge by appearence, but very humun. maybe its the easiest way to form an opinion?. Maybe we rely to much on sight?

Hope ian not judged by my spelling? As for mr Barr i think he has gone to a place where judgement is less superficial than humun jugement.

Acolytes

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I met him a few times. He was a lovely, kindly man. His qualities didnt equip him to stand up to the organisational autocrats. I think he is the type of man who would have been happy and content being a country vicar, or community doctor. Anything where he could care deeply for the people, but not have to think too hard. Jack Barr was not a politician.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit