Did you ever find the meetings refreshing?

by highdose 44 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I only went to one - the memorial. I left feeling letdown - since I had been told how wonderful they were, and how refreshed I would feel. First, I was confused, because this was the first I had heard about Judas not being at the last supper (and there is no biblical support to that), and second, I just didn't feel anything from it.

I was mostly just concerned with making it look like I enjoyed it.

Tammy

• Open mind
    Open mind

When I was a young JW bachelor, I was assigned to the "Fun" Book Study for about 4 months.

First Tuesday of every month was the official "snack night" and it was indeed refreshing. Of course, that's not the meeting itself is it?

Oh well, I tried.

om

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I loved the assemblies because I could sit, relax and nod off. One assembly I spent most of the time asleep.

Yes. It was refreshing! Sleep is good for you!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I just couldn't stand the last assembly I went to, I felt like I was in one big joke and the only one not part of it

• LovelyEunie
    LovelyEunie

about time I stopped lurking around here but... the only thing that's refreshing about the meetings is when I take my mom's keys and hi tail it out of there before any of those people try to talk to mee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit