Sorry I have to ask, but, what exactly does a special pioneer do?

by dgp 24 Replies latest jw friends

• dgp
    dgp

Yep, I'm the worldly who needs explanations about simple things. I will appreciate it if someone told me what exactly a special pioneer does, and what a person gets out of being one, in terms of Watchtower politics.

Thanks.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Special pioneers are assigned by the WTS to a specific territory, usually where there are few publishers or where there is a special need. They receive a monetary allowance from the Society since they devote all of their time to the preaching work. They are almost like missionaries but without going to Gilead (missionary training). When I was a child many special pioneers moved to our area, learned a new language and took the lead in establishing new congregations.

• Listener
    Listener

Rather than just volunteering to be a pioneer a special pioneer is given approval or appointment from the Governing Body. The requirements were that they must witness for at least 150 hours per month (this may have changed). The GB may give them a special assignment (witnessing) in another country or town but not always.

At a time prior to the donation system a special pioneer recieved a huge discount rate off the cost of the magazines and they could retain the money given to them from the householder. They also recieve a small payment from the GB, referred to as a reimbursement (I don't know if this still exists)

• Farkel
    Farkel

The average pioneer bends over and lets the Watchtower leaders do unspeakable things to their backsides, their lives and their futures in the hopes of gaining an edge on Watchtower salvation because the Watchtower speaks for God.

A special pioneer does the same thing, but is willing to submit to more unspeakable things to their backsides, their lives and their futures in the hopes of gaining an edge on Watchtwer salvation because a special pioneer thinks he/she needs more insurance in the hopes of gaining an edge on Watchtower salvation because the Watchtower speaks for God.

Both CLASSES die in the service of the God Watchtower, but special pioneers think they get an extra punch hole in their salvation ticket.

The Watchtower corporation collects the money and removes the dead rubble and looks for more candidates to replace them when these "special" people become dead rubble.

One can NEVER "reach out" far enough to fully please Watchtower leaders, and even those who "reach out" the most are, in the end, just dead rubble to the Printing Corporation they live and sacrifice and die for.

Farkel

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Further to what Listener said, although they received a stipend and a % of magazines sold, many often lived like paupers and had to fit in some kind of work inbetween witnessing, meetings, etc.

We had a married couple in my old cong who were special pioneers. They lived very cheaply - but then they had no choice. They were special pioneers for many years and are apparently now in the Australian Bethel.

• blondie
    blondie

Special pioneers I have known had to work part-time jobs as well. The hourly requirements have been reduced...130 hours

Special Pioneer – Appointed by branch for special work, such as service in a remote or new

area w/ generally a 130 hour per month commitment

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

They walk around feeling special

• acolytes
    acolytes

Its a statement of intent from the governing bod to the R/F.,,,, You now have a Special Pioneers who can do 130 hrs a month in your congregation, so R/f get your act together.

Acolytes

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

they're special at brainwashing people

• sir82
    sir82

Current monthly stipend for special pioneers in the US: $600 per month. If I understand correctly, if they don't reach their goal of 130 hours for a particular month, the following month's stipend is reduced.

E.g., if they only get 100 hours, their next month's pay is 100/130 X $600 = $461.54.

They do get some "vacation" time, and if they use some of that that, they don't need to reach the 130 hours. I think the number of "vacation" days depends on the number of years of full-time service they have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit