Reports of lower memorial attendance
- What Billy the EB said - Dubdom is shrinking as we speak. They just don't know it yet.
- Last year, they had some huge invitation drive. I haven't heard that this year's drive was anything as big. The memorial was on Good Friday and the curious probably had plenty to do and did not bother. The American College Basketball playoffs were reaching their most exciting part of the finals and that would have kept many away. Plus, many DF'ed/DA'ed are seeing that it just doesn't pay to go.
...and why turn a Good Friday into a Dull Friday by wasting the evening in a Kingdumb Haul?
As far as the tract campaign in my area, I saw some invites crumpled in the garbage in the building foyer. Either my neighbors beat me to it, or the JWs themselves have started saving householders the trouble and just leave them in the trashcan.
Perhaps the most effective JW tract campaign presentation (for a convention, their website, etc.) would be something like:
Publisher: "Good morning. Could you throw this scrap of paper away for me?"
Householder: "Sure!" [takes tract]
Publisher: "Thanks!" [to himself] "One more down. These things practically place themselves!"
OMG! Billy, did we work together in the field?
That was my presentation.
- Just think how much money the sheeple spend on the invite work, for what, 2 or 3 people, to show up! Hell it's just the sheeples money, they don't need it!
- So how long do we have to wait to get the attendance (or at least what the org says it is)? I can't remember. Do we have to wait until the release of the next yearbook?
Billy the Ex - "Kingdumb Haul" - love the 'Haul' part. Thanks for the laughs.
Are elders aware of Watchtower hyping the numbers to the flock? How could they not be unless they're fooled also.
- I didn't see them out in my neighborhood at all! No tract this year...
"Sure we lose money with every sale, but we make it up in volume."
JW School of Business
- My first year not placing a single Memorial tract..... Also the first year we've had record attendance. It was odd.