she passed faithful to the end to them!

by jookbeard 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Definitely understand the "mixture of emotions". Wish the best for you.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I'm so sorry. It's very sad that your children have never had a grandmother.

65 seems very young in this day and age. Wishing you peace.

GrreatTeacher

• rebel8
    rebel8
    That sucks. (( ))
  • gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    So sad that no one had the love and courage to notify you persnally
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    Out of all of the ridiculous things that this religion imposes on their people, this is the worst type of transgression. I am so sorry.
  • ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

So sorry to hear this My heart goes out to you; I too understand the mixture of emotions. May you find peace (and may this cult just go the heck away...it's horrible what some people do - or rather, DON'T do - in its name. Most loving people, indeed!)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Jb she was still your mom and I know this is a very sad situation for you. You didn't much say hello in later years, and didn't get to say goodbye. You have no feeling of closure. I would suggest getting some pictures together and making an album.

the only thing you can do is accept that she was who she was, and this cult no doubt made her worse, and it was not your fault. I hope she rests in peace and you can take whatever happy times you shared and remember them well.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Fulfillment of prophecy -- "no natural affection".

Sorry for your loss and the emotional trauma it must be.

Doc

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry for your loss. I felt weird after my father died. I hated him, but was sad when he died. My shrink said that the death of a parent like that is sad because it's the death of hope that one day there might be a change.

• yodastar
    yodastar
    Oh wow. Geez that is terrible. Best wishes to you and yours. Just know that in her heart she loved you but may not have been able to show it. Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit