I asked someone to marry me today...

by elderelite 31 Replies latest social humour

• moshe
    moshe

elderlite- look in the mirror and ask your self what you want to do with your life, then do it. I've known a few JWs who balked at cutting and running and now 20 years later they are still miserable. Being born in might make it hard to see a life after JWs- counseling can you help find a way out. Do you have a ex-JW friend you can confide in?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I get marriage proposals fairly often. Some of the men are single, some aren't. I'm not "taken", but I don't even date.

• elderelite
    elderelite

mosche... its a good question. A powerfull question. I dont balk because of org... i have a few short term goals and then the org is in my rear view mirror .... as for ex jw friends... only those i've meet here

• moshe
    moshe

I would love to drop in on your KH, you could introduce me to the brothers as one of the F&DS. Since no JW has ever seen a real live one before, it should be quite a treat for them to hear me give them a talk.

• mamalove
    mamalove

EE, there is life after. It is a good life. Maybe one day you will get a marriage prop? Don't count your eggs before they are hatched. You never know where your happy is going to come from. Remember, if armageddon isnt coming, why bother pretending it is? You have one life to live. You have to live it in your body, your brain. Lots of friends to be had. -Fellow born in. :)

• elderelite
    elderelite

@mosche, I would PAY to here that talk

Thank you mamalove.. you are so right and I am by and large living as I wish... I am obligated to waste a few a week at "meetings"... but have managed to get family to cut waaaay back as we move towards the door

• mamalove
    mamalove

Yay baby! Love these progress reports!

• WhatAboutWatson
    WhatAboutWatson

Stay persisent! What is your relationship with this girl? Is she your girlfriend? a friend? a friend's friend?

I've asked many people to marry me....over the playstation network. I got 10 no's in a half hour.

I am happy I did. Those kids have terrible spelling.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Did you make sure she was a "woman"?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Good question CB.... I have very good reason to believe the object of my desire is a gal, but sergeons can perform wonders :-) ....

What bout you my CB... Interested in a slightly used cult memmber,Average looks, iq slightly higher than a loaf of bread, willing to drive you to hair appointments and do dishes? Will trade my pic for yours, must love dogs and pasta...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit