A timely 'booster shot' for JWs

by Gregor 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gregor
    Gregor

The present turmoil in the middle east is sure to have the JWs creaming themselves. It's got it all-

Biblical locales and symbols - Egypt, Israel, the Red Sea

Potential war among nations with Nukes

The threat of a major, far reaching economic collapse

This is better than a Tsunami or major earthquake that kills thousands.

Happy Days are here Again!

• TheListener
    TheListener

Witnesses have it set up so they win if war seems imminent or if peace is declared.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yep. Tails they win, heads you lose.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Witnesses have it set up so they win if war seems imminent or if peace is declared.

And yet, aren't they strangely silent on the middle east conflict as far as their "bible prophecy" is concerned? To them, it is practically just another earthquake or a food shortage or two...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

james_woods - "...aren't they strangely silent on the middle east conflict as far as their "bible prophecy" is concerned?"

Unlike most other apocalyptic millenialist Christian groups, physical armed conflict in the Middle East isn't featured as prominantly in WT eschatology (possibly a byproduct of their official pacifist stance), so JWs don't tend to get Rapture-happy about it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'm sure there are those who are suffering "signs the end is near" fatigue but my guess is that many more are 'raising their heads erect'...again.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I had a couple of JWs recently mention to me how "bad things are getting." It was all I could do to keep a straight face and not ask them: what's "bad" about people fighting for their freedom in Tunisia and Egypt? Isn't freedom a good thing?"

And then they would have tripped over themselves to brag about their enslavement to the Borg and how thoughts of "independence" are dangerous. So I just let the comment sit and ignored it.

• undercover
    undercover
    So I just let the comment sit and ignored it.

That's about all you can do with a full on believing dub.

They're not happy unless they're miserable. They look for bad shit to bitch about so they can justify their continual morbid fascination with Armageddon being imminent. Try to point out something positive to them and they peg you as being negative. It just hurts the brain to try to wrap your mind around their bass-ackwards thinking.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Mad Sweeny - "I had a couple of JWs recently mention to me how 'bad things are getting'."

On the rare occasion I meet any End-Timers these days who wanna talk about how "bad" the "world" is getting, I respond with "Yeah, you're right; I hate all the advances in technology, medical science, and democratic freedoms that are improving the quality of life for more and more people across the globe; it really chaps my ass!"

Or (depending on my mood) "Yeah, you're right; climate change, unsustainable population growth, and the effects of Peak Oil sure are probably gonna cause us a world of shit, but you know what? We - all of us humans - helped cause these problems, so whatever happens to us because of 'em, it's on our own heads."

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Are you kiddin? 98.77 percent of the time I am absolutely sure it's all bull**it. AND STILL, when I watched the footage of Egypt my heart sped up a bit. Vidiot is absolutely correct though---The Middle East just doesn't figure in much. Their understanding of bible prophecy now has a worldwide application, so they may either see it as just another war--more of the sign. Or as the edge of peace. A sure sign the end is near. Or even hope that the UN may get tired of the in-fighting and ban all religion for disturbing the peace--Then we gets us a bonafide tribulation! praisejah.

ooo ooo, OR, these may be the first grumblings of The King of the North--which is to rise after the happy tribulation starts. Many witnesses personally have thought the new king may be Islam, but they are thinking without the WT, so. . . you may be meeting them here soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit