Reasons why I can't talk to you anymore

by sabastious 12 Replies latest social humour

• sabastious
    sabastious

1. You don't use the same mispronunciation of God's name that I do
    2. You "went out of God's love" after reading Keep Yourselves in God's Love
    3. I marked on your forehead an invisible message to myself telling me to shun you, even though it's not official
    4. We just don't have anything in common anymore spiritually, therefore 20 years of friendship becomes worthless
    5. You have a bad case of the "Inactives"
    6. I question your servitude, loyalty and general obedience to God's Channel of Communication
    7. Before you voted for a City Council Member I knew you, but now that it's happened I no longer feel I do
    8. We just grew apart spiritually
    9. You have the qualifications to reach out but are not making steps towards reaching out
    10. You're Disfellowshipped/Disassociated

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    4. We just don't have anything in common anymore spiritually, therefore 20 years of friendship becomes worthless

My wife isn't like this anymore...but that was the one that hurt. Even after 9 years of marriage, because I have problems with a publishing corporation, we all of a sudden have nothing in common. Fortunately we have gotten past a lot of this.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I love #4 I had a 'friend' tell me since I dont go to the hall no more he doesn't know who I am or what I believe?!?

This was the same cat I used to go to the titty bar with on friday night and go out in street work with saturday morning...Go figure?!?

• undercover
    undercover
    My wife isn't like this anymore...but that was the one that hurt. Even after 9 years of marriage, because I have problems with a publishing corporation, we all of a sudden have nothing in common.

Been there... JWs are led to believe that they married in a three corded bond with Jehovah. When one mate turns against the WTS it in essence tells the other mate that the cord has been broken. I was accused of marrying under false pretenses since I admitted to having doubts for a long time before getting married.

But what you have to do is show that leaving the WTS isn't the same as leaving the marriage. You can say the words, but they'll fall on deaf ears. So you have to show, over time, that your dedication to the other marriage mate is as strong as before...even stronger. You don't have to share Jehovah anymore, it's just the two of you. This doesn't always work. There are many on this board that will tell you that the marriage ended when one person turned against the WT religion. But for some of us it has worked. But it's a slow process. Nothing changes overnight. If she loosens up and accepts your new thinking, you will see improvement over time. If not, you have to re-think the whole deal.

On the friend level...I've had friends basically walk away from me because I chose not to be an active JW. Most JW friendships really are conditional friendships. As long as you're at meetings and service, then you're in the clicque. Slack up and you find your friends shying away. Go inactive and you'll be osctracized by most.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    On the friend level...I've had friends basically walk away from me because I chose not to be an active JW. Most JW friendships really are conditional friendships.

I have a friend that I grew up with that is doing that to me right now. He actually had his own doubts about the WT and did his investigation (although he never read CoC). Then...he read about Andre', and realized that he needed to stop looking outside the organization.

We used to hang out all the time. I talked about my "doubts" a couple times and he acknowledged that they were very valid. And all of a sudden....NOTHING. No returned phone calls, no emails, nothing. He won't even tell me goodbye. He just avoids me now.

He was my best friend.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good list Sab.

How about #11. Your not brain washed in the same way that I am, so we cant socially communicate.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

That about covers it all.

I like that you placed this under 'Humor'. So sad that it's funny.

Stupid cult.

-Aude.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I had a 'friend' tell me since I dont go to the hall no more he doesn't know who I am or what I believe?!?

I've been told this by a JW relative I have known every single day of his/her life. Amazing how predictable these people are. Sad that when they see themselves behaving like robots they call it Christian Unity.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    JWs are led to believe that they married in a three corded bond with Jehovah. When one mate turns against the WTS it in essence tells the other mate that the cord has been broken.

What are they led to believe when it was they who decided to get baptised against the wishes of the other spouse five years after they were married?

Most JW friendships really are conditional friendships.

I'm beginning to think from reading posts of others in here that you could substitute the word "marriages" for "friendships", undercover, and your observation would still be valid.

great post, sab.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The reason I can't talk to you anymore is confidential. The elders won't say, and nobody seems to know why. I just can't talk to you anymore. And if I do, the elders tell me that very soon, God will bash my head open with falling rocks, birds will eat my flesh, and I'll never get my pet tiger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit