Was mans judgement on Clintons aldultry more righteouse than gods judgement on David?

by acolytes 14 Replies latest jw friends

• acolytes
    acolytes

?

Acolytes

• donuthole
    donuthole

I will say that man holds its leaders up to a higher standard than themselves. It should be obvious that the mass that clamoured for judgment over Clinton's sexual transgression and coverup lies was hypocritically full of adultery and lies itself. It simply illustrates a tendency of men that Jesus spoke against when he encouraged us not to judge lest we be judged.

From a human viewpoint, Clinton's sexual liasons were pretty small in comparison to what his predeccesors and opponents may have been involved with --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_child_prostitution_ring_allegations

• acolytes
    acolytes

But god killings Davids unborn son, for Davids adultry was in my mind less righteouse than mans judgement on Clinton (Ask Hillary)

Acolytes

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

David was the king of Israel. He had all the power to put words in God's mouth and to write them in the Bible. Anyone but the king would have been severely punished. But kings can do anything and pretend they act in God's name and with God's blessing. History is full of such vile conduit. I think the very idea of God was introduced by the first tribe-leaders in the stone-age. The tribe-leader and the shaman: absolute power over every aspect of people's lives.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Do men/christians have the right to judge another? Hillary did. However, she stayed w him. On the other hand, in those bible times, when women's level of rights was just a bit higher than a donkey's, women had absolutely no say in the matter of their husband's getting more wives or concubines. In bible times, monica would have been considered a concubine. And, she is jewish.

S

• Gregor
    Gregor

This brings up an interesting thought. Who knew that David saw Bathsheba taking a bath, invited her in to watch oliver twist then later brought her husband home to cover the preganacy problem and then send him off to sure death? This is like so much of the Bible. a bunch of fairy tales given the weight of the word of GOD. Who was the big eye in the sky, mouse in the corner, fly on the wall that wrote up this soap opera?

Monica had a black dress with gravy stains. End of story.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I know plenty of Chrisitans who do not judge Bill Clinton harshly. They know his errors were human.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The clammer was artificial and politically motivated. While most everyone agrees what he did was selfish and unloving to his wife few thought it, or his effort to conceal it, was "high crimes and misdemeanors" and grounds for impeachment.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It wasn't anybody's business but Bill's and Monica's and Hilary. If Monica hadn't trusted bigmouth, then it would have stayed that way.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Bill shouldn't have done it but I never thought is was death penalty stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit