Looking for South Aust ex or current Elders or M/S...re old scandles (2)

by Aussie Oz 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

A few years ago, maybe 15, i was serving as a M/S. we all went to a special meeting at the assembly hall about saving a certain kingdom hall in the hills

anyone remember?

also looking for information on a certain family that has a 'we dont talk about it' in the family of epic financial proportions. My teenager mentioned it.

I am seeking to not give names or identify people publicly... sorry for the cryptic clues but any who were there will know what i am on about!

thanks

oz

• penny2
    penny2

I think the two scandals are connected, aren't they Oz. The elder that caused all the strife was disfellowshipped, later reinstated and has since died.

Money was collected from the local congregations to help save the hall. I'm sure I remember letters being read out in the congregation. Then there was a court case. The Watchtower Society won and they got to keep their kingdom hall.

Other JWs had money invested in his scheme (which involved property development), I believe they lost their money.

I don't think there are any South Aussie ex elders or m/s posting (but if you are out there lurking.......)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think they may be Penny.

A lot of heads rolled for the Kingdom hall scam. As i recall some elders mortgaged it against a property development that went belly up. Shit hit the fan when the bank tried to foreclose on the Hall. A friend of mines father got caught in that and had to stand down too i believe.

The other half of the scandle that i am looking for info on concerns the one who may have got D/F for it. There are things about a family that one of my kids is aware of that she thinks 'crashed the economy'... i think she may getting that wire crossed and it may be more a local situation that lost other JWs a lot of money.

On the other hand, does anybody know of any australian JWs that committed big fraud and got caught? The name will tell me if its the same person...

thanks oz

• penny2
    penny2

I didn't realise a lot of heads rolled. I thought it was just the one person who was held solely responsible. Interesting.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Bump for those in australia...

anybody else know about this?

oz

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

SA only?

• karter
    karter

There was an Australian Bro and anothe bro originaly from New Zealand that got cought up in some sort of scandle to do with a fuel addative.

The Nz guy was Johnson?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Yes, in SA.

no, johnson and the fuel scam is not it i think...but i do recall reading about that some time ago.

This relates to property investment and home building companies. Adelaide based, and would have to be early to mid 90s i believe. Am seeking to find out if the person involved was also the one involved in causing a Kingdom Hall to be foreclosed on by a bank. Bank lost and we 'saved' the hall...

oz

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Aussie you have a pm

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Bump for more Australia attention...

surely more info is out there?

esp regards the kingdom hall almost being lost to a bank for fraud in the late 80s...

so far i can find court documents mentioning the fraud, but not the actual trial.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit