Weight

by gilwarrior 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Well today I went to my trainer and I weighed myself. I weigh a disgusting 258 pounds! I new record for me. Well it is obvious that my old diet is not working. So I have decided to be on a diet of just fruits, veggies, and white meat. Nothing else! This will be tough, but I see no other choice. My trainer is training me the best she can, but my diet is really crappy. I don't see how I can not lose weight this way. If I don't then I will have to grab a knife and cut the fat out of me. Maybe I'll force myself to take Ex-Lax tablets and throw up the way some of those models do. I don't care really. I will do whatever it takes to lose this weight! I am sick and tired of my pants getting tighter and tighter. I am tired of having to unbutton another button on my shirt. I don't care what I have to do! It is sad that I have to go to this extreme, but sadly am a naturally fat person and I am sick of it! I don't care if I die afterwards! I don't care if my body is ruined! I am going to lost this weight no matter what!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have a weight problem too, and you should lose weight doing that diet. It sounds okay too. I would add some brown rice and some good bread occasionally too.

I am trained in nutrition, so I know what causes this fat to accumulate. The main thing, in my case, is sugar. I have a problem with it, and it makes the insulin overproduce, which causes you to store fat all over. When you stop eating all simple carbs (white flour, white sugar, white pasta, etc.) the insulin levels in your body will regulate at a normal level, and the weight will come off, and fast too. I always lose weight, when I give up sugar, in all forms, including all desserts, candy, ice cream, etc.

Something that helps is a chromium supplement. Most people with sugar problems, including diabetics and hypoglycemics, are chromium deficient. You need to take quite a lot of it, (100 mg a day......not mcg) but it will help the body to use the natural sugars in food, convert them to glycogen, so the body can digest it instead of storing it as fat. It also helps to curb the cravings for sweets.

Okay, that's my health lecture for the day.

• Scully
    Scully

Good Luck to you in your efforts Gilwarrior.

Don't forget that perhaps a physical exam with your doctor might be in order too. Some medical conditions can make you gain weight, including depression, thyroid disorder, and insulin imbalance. If your plan doesn't work, please try to rule out a physical reason.

Another thing you might want to try, in addition to modifying what kinds of food you eat, is to eliminate coffee from your diet. There has been some research indicating that coffee increases your body's secretion of insulin, which in turn triggers cravings for carbohydrates. Tea and cola are OK if you really need the caffeine buzz, but try switching to water to help you flush out all the toxins you'll be producing as a result of your training and modified food plan.

I cut out coffee a couple of weeks ago, and noticed that cravings for sweets and starchy stuff were practically eliminated. I've lost 10 pounds without even trying; all it took was switching from coffee to tea and/or water (with a little lemon wedge).

Love, Scully RN

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. - WT 12/1/91

• twvsnt
    twvsnt

Gilwarrior

THe diet you're on sounds okay but the only thing that's missing is the complex carbohydrates ( such as whole grain rice whole grain bread {particularly wheat breas}, oatmeal, and whole grain dry cereal). THese types of food are not only extremely low in fat but they also help you to feel full when eaten with a meal. Another thing that's go to do is to take a multivitamin tablet and a calcium every day. Since milk has fat in it, soy beverages are better to have on a daily basis. Often times these beverages have added nutrients that milk doesn't have.

I wish you the best on your quest to lose weight.

• openminded
    openminded

Gil, Your gonna want to maybe sit down with a trained professional and come up with a wholistic plan that deals with not only your fitness goals but you mental health as well. Not caring if you die and talking about your own death are symptoms of depression and other mental problems. No doubt your weight is affecting your mental health but I would advise getting a check up. -om

• TR
    TR

Hi Mulan,

Please check your email.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

• butalbee
    butalbee

Changing what you eat is a step in the right direction, but you should see a doctor, get some blood tests, etc, see if you have an underlying medical problem. But--my best advice for you is to EXERCISE. I'm one of those strange people who love to work out, lift weights, go for a run or bike ride, actually I look forward to it, it gives me a chance to clear my mind and get rid of some stress.
    Stress=one stupid ass jw in my life and his twisted family.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Go easy on the fruit!! Think of fruit as desert. Once
    or twice a day. To much fruit suddenly in your diet can seriously F5689 up your metab. and make it harder to burn off that extra f7t.
    Pig out all day on fresh veggies so your never hungry and the weight WILL come off really fast because your a dude.

• SYN
    SYN

Try to eat some barley too, and get lots and lots of exercise.

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Don't foget to drink lots of water. It flushes your system.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit