Do JWs Participate in Wars By Funding Them?

by cameo-d 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Taxation is particpating in a war. I knew several people who protested Viet Nam by refusing to pay taxes. Refusal to pay taxes will land you in jail. Without the money from appropriations, no war could be waged.

Holding stocks in munitions companies is a more affirmative way to waging war. I find those who sit at home and reap war profits far more reprehensible than a hapless combatant in the war.

Of course, to pass any judgment, the details must be clearer. If the war use is a very small percentage of the company's business activities, it is not so bad.

If the Witnesses did not stress their neutrality so much, I'd say that's life. It is reality. When you preach and publicize your neutrality, you open yourself to people taking umbrage with your deceit. John Edward's adultery had gigantic implications. If he had been the Democratic nominee, the Dems would have lost. It was precisely his pandering with his marriage and setting up Elizabeth as earth mother to gain the women's vote that made his infideltiy so notable. Larry Craig in the bathroom would not have such a big deal if he did not go out of his way to vehemently deny gay people rights. So the Witnesses purchasing stocks is cause for concern.

Unlike large corporations, we will see no raucous shareholders' meetings where a group confronts the purchase of stock for social or Biblical reasons. My mom always said we were poor b/c my father served at Bethel and that he was not a vet so he did not get veterans' preference. Compared to men who lost their lives and souls in live theatres, his pioneering never cut it for me. Again, pioneer hours tracked the U.S. statutes and regulations for draft exemption. What a coincide. I don't see neutrality in that.

Recently, I was minding my own business researching a law journal dealing with civil rights. I was shocked to see an article published about the WTBTS and Japan before and during WWII. It would have been a riveting read to read accounts of individual witnesses clinging to neutrality. Not a single Witness human was mentioned. It was all about the WTBTS. I wanted to vomit. The WTBTS may have lost some property but individual Witnesses lost their lives or were imprisoned. It is a story worth celebrating. I wrote my first note to a law review author asking how as a female she could be a lawyer. Her very act of sitting in Brooklyn, using Lexis, and writing about the WTBTS contrasts with the stories of Japanese witnesses. I never received a reply.

• wobble
    wobble

If anyone wants to use the info. about the WT owned investment in Rand Corp I would be very careful how you word it so as to be accurate in what you accuse the WT of.

The worst thing is for us to make aclaim, only to have part of it shot away by facts, then the Dub can ignore the whole thing.

My understanding is that the WT did not purchase this stock, it was gifted to them in some way. They could probably claim that they were un aware that Rand Corp made engines used for military use, when they were made aware of this, they took steps "as soon as reasonably possible" to dispose of the stock. Or somesuch.

The best way, if you wish simply to confront a Dub with this, is download the doc. that names them as stock holders, along with info on the Corps activities in war weapons, and ask the Dub to explain it. Going through the hoops of trying to excuse it will do them good, if it only teaches them how to get info off the Net.

At the very least the funds are morally doubtful, and without a doubt the WT are hypocrites.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wobble..

Your correct..The Rand Cam Stock was Gifted to the WBT$..

The Gift of Money made from War was Not Refused by the WBT$..

I also owned Stocks in Rand Cam..Gifted to me as a Joke..

I profited from only owning 500 shares..The WBT$ owned 50% of Rand Cam..

"The WBT$ and I Profited from War"..

http://stliraqwarvets.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/iraq-war.jpg?w=497http://ted.coe.wayne.edu/sse/wq/jared/Pictures/004VietnamWar_468x382.jpg

http://www.extremumspiritum.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/iraq-war.jpghttp://yacawa.org/dumboWatchtower1.jpg

............................ ...OUTLAW

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    WTS owned 50% of a company that made war weapons.

Did they really own HALF of the company?? Or was it that half of the gifted portfolio was RandCam stock?

There's a BIG difference.

Owning half of a company means you have definitive say in how the company operates and with whom they align themselves. I don't think the WTS had that kind of clout with RandCam.

There is much documented about the WTS RandCam affiliation, but I don't remember how many shares they had, just that it was sizeable net profit as an investor but not enough to 'direct' Rand corporate operations.

-Aude.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AudeSaphere..

The Rand cam Engine Corp makes Engines that Delivers Bombs to their Target..

The WBT$ Owned 50% of that Stock..

Do you really think an Organization that supports Globel Genocide,cares if they make Money from War?..

If they did care ..Why not just Refuse the Stock in the Company?..

I only owned 500 shares,it was also a Gift..I still Profited from War..

If I am Responsible for the Gifts I Accept..

What Excuses the WBT$?..

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Outlaw - I'm not at all OK'g their hypocrisy in holding on to - and profitting from - the stock. They are hypocrits to keep it.

My question was simply in making sure the facts about the amount of stock was correct. Owning 50% of let's say a $1million dollar company is significantly than my having a portfolio valued at $10,000 (ten thousand dollars), and 50% of that $10,000 is with the company in question.

I know I've seen some of the documents for WTS/RandCam. I just can't find them right now and really don't remember that the WTS held the governing/controlling share.

Do you have the links to the documents that show they owned controlling share of RandCam?

-Aude.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey AudeSaphere..

Even if it was a gift of just one share..

They did`nt have to accept the gift of the stock in the first place..

When I got mine as a Gift,I thought it was hilarious..

The WBT$ and I,were Fellow Share holders profiting from War..

Now that I look at the War Photo`s I posted..

Maybe it wasn`t so Funny..

I`ve seen the documents more than a few times..

I`ll search around for them..If I find them I`ll let you know..

• designs
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Outlaw wrote: Even if it was a gift of just one share.. They did`nt have to accept the gift of the stock in the first place..

Outlaw - I agree with you 100%.

For them to knowingly accept one dollar from something that they vehemently condemn is inexcusable. They are quick to DF someone for smoking or eating with a disapproved relative but have zero qualms about their own much greater 'sins'. I agree.

And I also agree with wobble when he wrote:

If anyone wants to use the info. about the WT owned investment in Rand Corp I would be very careful how you word it so as to be accurate in what you accuse the WT of.

I am merely trying to verify the accuracy of this one statement which implys that they owned a 'governing share' in RandCam:

Alwayshere wrote: WTS owned 50% of a company that made war weapons.

-Aude.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Aude..

It`s all good..I understand what your getting at..

I`ll see if I can be of some help..

Alwayshere wrote: WTS owned 50% of a company that made war weapons.

I`ve never seen Any Evidence that the WBT$ owned 50% of a Company that made War Weapons..

They did however Own Shares in a Company..

That made Engines for War Weapons and Military Aircraft..

The Rand Cam Engine Corp..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit