What is going on?

by gilwarrior 20 Replies latest social relationships

• KissAFish
    KissAFish

Speaking as someone who has Only done a couple of psych units, it is a panic disorder,( attack) as well as a lack of self esteem.. These are common in people who leave cults ( very strong closed religions too). You are taught the outside world is BIG nasty and people are not what they seem.. this does affect your sub conscious behaviours and therefore affects social skills and being able to make natural flowing conversations and you can panic in social situations and be dumbstruck to talk and then not able to assert yourself which leads to anger over it all...Or I .....could be dribbling absolute **** and people are just hard to talk too..But having been there.. it is able to be overcome..I was raised as a JW and that stripped all my self confidence, I left at 17.. I am now 26 and have had to slowly teach myself how to behave, think and talk in social circles..and am happy to say, I AM NORMAL now.. (TIC) It will happen..be patient and go see a counsellor..they are very helpful with esteem and panic disorders issues..

"The living moment is everything".
    D.H. Lawrence

• butalbee
    butalbee

This sounds like a JW issue to me:

There wasn't anyone who I felt comfortable sitting with.
    My problem is that I don't know how to act in front of other people. I don't pick up on social cues.
    I look at people and just hate them.

Definite witness upbringing...The stupid ass I was dating had similiar feelings, he felt he couldn't relate to anyone on the outside of his congregation, and only those in his congreg. understood him. He had no idea how to interact with people and figured that everyone hated him if they didn't respond to him as he thought they should.
    Oh, and don't categorize yourself as being introverted, someone as HORNY as you sometimes sound is not introverted...
    But you can't expect everyone to instanteously like you, that's something that has to be worked for: built.
    The girl said hello to you, she didn't have to, but she did, so, she was being friendly to you, maybe she even liked you and [wanted] you to sit by her, you'll never know now,
    You sound insecure, not introverted...

Lara

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

gilwarrior,

Give it time. I am 44 years old and can relate to what you are going through at your age. I used to care what people thought about me to the point that I seemed to be in a state of panic. This was especially so when I was in school. Now, I don't give a rats rear end. It is a bad way to go through life worrying about how you look or act at any particular time in front of people. The more you learn to laugh at yourself, the more you learn to be comfortable with who you are.

Scorpion

• uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo

hey fatso,

did you ever think people (especially women, shallow WHORES they are) don't like fat slobs and will ignore them. PERIOD. God, you're 258. How tall are you, if I may ask.

Shed some pounds you tubby bitch and people will NATURALLY like you. Assholes with washboard stomachs and tight butts get more tail then they can handle. Girls just naturally are REAL friendly with these guys, no matter how rude and vile they treat them. A nice guy lardass doesn't get the time of day.

Of course if you want attention, you could just bend over and split your pants, lardass. or you could take up sumo wrestling (God, how much have you ate to weigh 258. LOL)

Put down the Doritos and ding-dongs, and get your fatass onto a treadmill. Let me give you a hint how I lost 100 pounds in 1 year: Ephredrine. In ANY form. Keep taking it after the 12 week limit and build up to about 3-4 times the recommended daily dose. You have to REMIND yourself to eat on that shit.

I used to be a fat slob too. Now, I just make fun of tubby bitches. And flaunt the girls I get in their face.

stop whining. pick up all your chins and fix your situation.

uncy

• flower
    flower

hey gil,

i'm the same way so i really know how you feel. dont have any words of advice (except not to listen to half of the advice youve gotten already). but i just wanted you to know i feel you bigtime. sucks to be us..but we'll manager to get past all those fears one day. i'm getting better everyday since i found out the truth about things. but i'm still pretty shy and anxious around people. always have been maybe will never be much better but i'm trying to think positive.

anyway, if you ever want to chat give me a holler [email protected]

flower

• logical
    logical

cant offer much except that im like that too and it sucks If I ever find a way to fix it ill gladly share it with you.

And drugs dont work (for me anyway), prescribed or not.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

hi--I AM A LONER type person in other words I prefer my own company ---if I was not on a diet for health reasons I would be gobbling down thwm ding-dongs. fritos none stop but alias I am ON a diet !! things will go much BETTTER when you do not give a s&^^%^ as to what people think about you and just sit back and chill!!!!!!

• openminded
    openminded

Hey Gil-One of the biggest and worst side effects of Paxil is weight gain. Your gonna want to talk to your doctor about this. OM

• Englishman
    Englishman

Sounds to me as though you are a social person who suffers with chronic shyness.

So be the amiable silent type, a bit like a comfortable old slipper. Have a few questions in your repertoire to get people to open up, evryone loves talking about themselves.

Use the old public talk technique: When you don't know what to say ask a question.

Englishman.

Hey! Now you are an outie, you can dance too!

• openminded
    openminded

Uh Uncle jimbo- I think its evident you are suffering from esteem issues as well. Calling people names is simply an easy way of making yourself feel better. The problem is, that it is at someonelses expense. You would do yourself favor by finding other things that make you fell better(i.e. a cause or an acheivment).

Oh and another thing, ephredrine is not normally recommended for people with anxiety disorders. I would caution anyone who is thinking of taking supplements containing ephredine to read up on it and consult a doctor(especially women).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit