Is there a "dominent family" in your hall?

by pontoon 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• free2beme
    free2beme

I saw this all the time, and not just in a congregation, in circuits as well. When you had a certian last name, they could not appoint you fast enough. You were made from birth.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Yeah, the one i grew up in. Most everyone was related to two families.Thank goodness I wasn't. Rahahah

NLW's wife

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PONTOON:

Every hall has a dominant family. I tend to ignore them and stay away because I have no desire to get sucked into the whirlpool of their business, whether they are happy, negative or whatever. I am just not interested in their lives.

• undercover
    undercover

There was a dominent family in our city. When I was a kid there were 3 congregations. Each congregation had a branch of the same family that was basically in charge. When someone spoke of Brother Jones (not the real name) people would have to respond, "which one?". If you weren't "in" with them, you might as well move to another city. I knew a few that bucked the tide only to be removed or else moved away.

Over the years the congregations grew and the JW population grew, but there was always a presence of that family in all the halls in thanks to the fact that as each generation grew up they had kids and many became prominent in the congregation.

I have noticed though, in the last decade that the younger members of the family are not reaching out as did their fathers, grand-fathers and great-grand-fathers. And there are fewer kids in this generation. It's as if the last group followed the WTS advice and limited how many kids they had. The downside that the WTS didn't see was that it also lowered production of ready-made dubbie kids. It seems that days of the proiminent families may be dwindling as the newer generations seek to leave as quickly as possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit