Hear'say

by Duncan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Oh thats the band of the month this month. Who is going to be the band next month?

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Duncan,

“Kym? She was ALWAYS rubbish! I always hated her. Couldn’t sing, couldn’t dance – shouldn’t have ever been chosen! They’ll be MUCH better-off without her!”

Yes, a rather sobering insight and a reminder as to how one can work hard as a WTS aherent for forty years and then leave amid doctrinal disputes and hear comments like, 'I knew there was something not quite right about them all along....'.

Very much a display of the defense reaction against our inherent human insecurities, when our own little world is shaken.

Best regards - HS

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hear’say never heard of 'm.
    But that was a cute comparison, wasn't sure where you were going with it at first I thought you were going to say you found out they were JWs.
    plm

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

Britboy, have you heard what the Pop Idol debut single is? It is a song from Westlife's last album called 'Evergreen'. So Gareth will have no problems LOL

William is okay, I can't deny that he's got a brilliant voice, but I want to 'mother' Gareth... I suppose its the sympathy element really. If he didn't have the stammer then I guess I wouldn't be so endeared to him.

I'm even going to miss Darius when he gets booted this week. I really need to get out more lol

We all make a mess of our lives from time to time
    It's part of the process that you stumble as you climb

• Simon
    Simon

I like hear'say ... well, at least that brunette with the big ...

of course they go as quickly as they come such as the appetite for fame and 'something new' by the media nowadays.

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry
    I like hear'say ... well, at least that brunette with the big ...

.....voice?

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

home - you've got just a little too comfy in this thread haven't ya ? and could you explain again why your breasts are heaving for the stammer lad ?

• Duncan
    Duncan

Dear all

Well, POP IDOL?

Got to be Darius hasn't it? He's simply MILES better than the others.

Mrs Duncan is in love with William, though - but the public's favourite definitely seems to be Gareth.

I must admit - despite my own rather superior attitude to the whole thing at first - the TV series has rather taken me in. It IS great entertainment.

E-man, as for Atomic Kitten, I'm rather partial to 'em myself, but it does seem that the lad's faith is not going to be so easily shaken. We'll see.

On a more general note, this is not the first time that I've started threads which deliberately have both a fluff and serious element to them. Fluff invariably seems to win out. Frivolous lot, aren't we? (the excellent, and non-fluffy Hillary excepted, of course!)

Duncan.

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

Alliwannadoislive, I wouldn't exactly describe my endearment to Gareth in the way you describe but nevertheless, I like him because he has a lot of guts to do what he's done. Okay so he hasn't got the greatest voice in the world, and he doesn't sing as well as William or Darius, but he just has that 'something' about him that I like. So there.

And yes, I am very comfy here thanks! If someone would just pass me a nice comfy fluffy cushion I will be in my element. LOL

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey home i just saw a mouse in here - i'd clear off if i was you ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit