1 year ago today they announced I was "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

by confuzzled777 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

Have you sent the elders a THANK YOU card for commenorating the anniversary?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

feels great doesn't it?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

That's good reason to celebrate. Congratulations, and may there be many more anniversaries to come!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Congrats on being free!

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

Thanks again guys! I had a BLAST last night!! SO nice to be with true friends whom I can talk to about EVERYTHING without being judged after.

It does keep getting easier and easier........

• wobble
    wobble

Happy D Day to you,

Happy D day to you,

Happy D day dear Confuz,

happy D day to you !

I know I am singing it a bit late, as well as out of key, but it kinda fits, D day can stand for either, DF or DA, so perhaps others on here will tell us when theirs is and we can all join in with you ?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    1 year ago today I felt as if it was the end of who I was as a person. Now I feel as if it is only the beginning of the person that I want to be.

It usually takes a year, sometimes two, to get past a major trauma in our lives. What you said is very wise. The first year is the hardest because of milestones, anniversaries, holidays and so on. It's difficult to drive past a restaurant and remember when you ate there with JW friends, stuff like that.

That becomes less and less the second year. The second year the dust has settled and you really begin to focus on you, your life and building it the way you want now, not the way they wanted. The second year there is more relaxing and letting go.

It's been 21 years since I left. If it means anything at this point, I rarely think about that life, field service, meetings and all those friends who meant so much to me then I can't even remember many of their names.

So healing does take place, you do build something new. Hopefully it's better and hopefully it's what you want. If it's not you can change, there's no time limit. You're in charge now.

Chris

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

when we come to the realization that the jw religion is a fraud it accelerates the healing.many of us have made an error in judgement by joining this religion.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

Thanks Wobble!! It's my birthday.....go shortie......we're gonna party like it my birthday! LOL

"So healing does take place, you do build something new. Hopefully it's better and hopefully it's what you want. If it's not you can change, there's no time limit. You're in charge now."

WOW Chris, Not really sure what to say but WOW. What a powerful statement.....for me. I am in the process of finding ME for once. I AM in charge!

jehovahssheep......it does accesserate the healing when you realize that it is NOT what you thought it was.......too bad it takes a situation like mine to wake us up! Sad thing is there are those who DO go through something like this and feel as if it is a loving dicipline from Jah as I thought at FIRST. I was told that Jah must really love me as he diciplines those he loves. I was told that this was a test of my faith......that Jah wanted to find out HOW much I loved him. About 3 months of hearing that SH** my eyes opened and I said NO IT IS NOT A TEST.....THIS IS WRONG!! That was my AHA moment.

I posted to my facebook my 1 year anniversary and my aunt who has NEVER been a witness said this......"and the chain's of repression have been removed. YEA YEA YEA" How perfect! "The Chains of Repression". EXACTLY REPRESSED That is how I lived my first 40 years thinking that was THE way to live, THE ONLY way to everlasting life.

Thanks again!! Off to my FIRST yoga class!! YAY!!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

"1 year ago today I felt as if it was the end of who I was as a person. Now I feel as if it is only the beginning of the person that I want to be." I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit